For today’s review, we’re going to be taking a closer look at the Levoit Cool Mist humidifier.
This humidifier is a good option for the budget consumer who is looking for a solid value for a single-room humidifier. This can be a handy compact humidifier, so without further ado, let’s go ahead and jump in.
A Value-Priced Humidifier
Levoit Cool Mist HumidifierThe Levoit Cool Mist Humidifier is a solid option if you’re looking for a medium-sized humidifier that has basic features, but good performance. It has 3 mist settings that are accessible from a simple one-touch control. Additionally, it has a built in diffuser for essential oils. For something basic, but intuitive, it’s a good option.Check Price
- Reasonably priced, making it a great value if you’re looking for a simple humidifier
- Lasts up to 36 hours before needing to be filled again
- Has the option to add essential oils for a nice fragrance, while humidifying the air
- Simple features with no smart features
- Also lacks any type of air quality gauge or feedback
- Model: LV450CH
- Tank Capacity: 1.1 Gallon (4.5 L)
- Controls: 3 mist levels with 1-touch control
- Maximum Mist Output: 250 ml / hr
Levoit Humidifier Design
The design of the Levoit Cool Mist humidifier is pretty basic. It has a white body with blue accents along the bottom, top and side of the unit. The gauge on the side shows you how much water is left in the tank.
The Leviot humidifier is easy to use, with a one-touch control on the front of the unit.
These controls have three simple mist settings: low, medium, and high.
The nozzle at the top which releases the mist has the ability to rotate 360 degrees, allowing you to direct air wherever it is needed.
RELATED – What’s the best air purifier?
Size & Dimensions
The Levoit Cool Mist Humidifier is a medium-sized unit compared to other humidifiers on the market. It’s full dimensions are:
- Width: 7.9″
- Depth: 6.1″
- Height: 13.8″
- Weight: 4.34 pounds
What’s In the Box?
In addition to the actual unit itself, the Levoit Cool Mist Humdifier comes with a few simple parts:
- Cleaning brush
- 3 aroma pads (1 comes already installed)
- User manual
How to Use the Levoit Humifier
Using the Levoit humidifier is straight forward and setup is quick. The humidifier basically comes pre-assembled.
- Simply unbox the humidifier, remove all packaging and plug the unit into the wall.
- Fill the water tank with water (distilled water is recommended).
- Select your desired mist speed, based on the size of room that you’d like to treat.
- If you want additional fragrance, you can add some drops of essential oils to the included aroma pads.
NOTE: Never add essential oils directly into the water tank itself. This could cause leaks and may permanently damage your humidifier.
That’s it. The Levoit humidifier will run at the desired mist setting until it is out of water, when it will automatically shut off.
Here in the Modern Castle testing lab, we strive to make our testing process as objective as possible, but sometimes we hit some roadblocks.
In the case of testing the Levoit Cool Mist Humidifier, that’s what happened.
We would have liked to measure the amount of humidity in the air before and after running the Levoit for a pre-determined amount of time, but our humidity measurement tool did not seem to return data we felt was accurate.
Due to this, we’ll be evaluating the performance on more of a subjective level.
To test the Levoit, we simply put it in a large-sized room, turned it on high, and shut the door.
After one hour, we returned to the room and documented a noticeable difference in the amount of humidity in the room.
Overall, I would say that this unit performed well. It obviously and dramatically increased the humidity in the room, to the point there was visible vapor virtually everywhere in the room.
Levoit Humidifier Maintenance
The maintenance on this humidifier is basic.
Unlike air filters, a humidifier has no filters that need to be changed so there’s no annual maintenance costs.
To keep any air humidifier running smoothly, be sure to follow the tips below:
Tips and Tricking for Cleaning An Air Humidifier
- Always use distilled water.
- Wipe down all plastic parts with a damp cloth.
- For a deeper clean, fill the bottom part of the reservoir with distilled white vinegar and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Gently scrub with a soft brush and rinse with warm water.
Is the Levoit a Good Value?
Overall, I would say that the Levoit Cool Mist Humidifier is a solid value.
It’s inexpensive and has basic features, but it’s effective and outputs a good amount of humidity into the room.
Additionally, the ability to diffuse essential oils is a nice extra.
If you’re looking for an exact measure of humidity levels or if you’re looking for a humidifier that can determine when it needs to kick on, this might not be the best option for you.
But if you just need a plug-and-play option that’s great for a single room the Levoit can will serve you well.
Levoit Cool Mist Specifications
|Tank Capacity/strong>||4.5 liters|
|Mist Output||250 ml/hr|
|Returns||Varies by retailer|
Should You Buy the Levoit Cool Mist Humidifier?
I would recommend the Levoit Cool Mist to people who want the following in a humidifier:
- Want a low price – The price of the Levoit Cool Mist Humidifier can be a real selling point for this model, especially if you’re looking for something basic.
- Want variable mist output – This humidifier has three different levels of mist output, making it easy to adjust. You can even change the direction of the mist output with a single button.
- Want a large tank capacity – The Cool Mist Humidifier also has a large tank capacity, able to hold up to 4.5 quarts. This allows it to run for up to 36 hours (on low).
- Design - 90%90%
- Performance - 94%94%
- Quality - 91%91%
- Usability - 93%93%
- Value - 95%95%
The Levoit Cool Mist is a compact, budget humidifier. Equipped with 3 mist settings, it’s able to humidify a room for up to 36 hours. Its size and output makes it ideal for one room. Additionally, it’s equipped with an essential oil diffusing pad so you may add aromas to the air. It’s a basic humidifier, but it’s inexpensive, making it a good budget option for many consumers.