Simple, Smart Camera for Peace of Mind
Blurams Home Pro CameraThe Blurams Home Pro is a smart indoor security camera with 1080p video quality and a nice set of features for custom viewing. You can view footage from your smartphone (using the cloud) or take it from the on-board SD card. Activate the siren for maximum security or rely on 2-way audio to scare off intruders. This camera has a small and simple design, but performance was still solid and easy to use. Check Price
- Facial recognition and motion sensors for less “false positive” alerts
- Can pair up to 4 cameras together for viewing on one screen
- Offers video footage through an on-board SD card or remote Cloud subscription
- Cannot orbit or pan around the room
- Paid cloud storage is the best way to store a lot of footage; no option for storage on a private server outside of 10-15 second clips
The design of the Blurams smart indoor camera has a pretty modern look to it. It has a white body with a smaller stemmed base and a larger round eye for where the camera lens is.
You can control the camera using a couple of different methods. The main points of control include:
- Use the app on your smartphone.
- Use voice control when paired with an AI device like Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.
Viewing the Footage
You can retrieve the data and video footage from the camera using one of two methods:
- The Cloud: When you purchase the Blurams camera, it comes with 1-month of a free subscription to the Cloud. Using the Cloud, the camera can store a larger amount of data and footage to be reviewed from your phone or desktop.
- SD Card: This camera can support up to a 128 GB SD card in the camera. When you’re ready to review footage, simply remove the card and plug it into your computer. The camera will continue to cycle footage out (removing the oldest footage first) unless you remove footage and save it to an external location.
The Blurams indoor smart camera has a lot of interesting features, so we’ve pulled together all of the top specs here. Let’s do a quick rundown of what all the Blurams has to offer.
1. Facial Recognition
To help eliminate false activity reports, the Blurams camera has a facial recognition technology that allows it to detect when there is human activity compared to other activities, like pets, fans, etc.
Even more advanced, Blurams has the ability to detect if the face is one you know, like your spouse or children, or a stranger.
2. Privacy Protection
This feature lets you black out spaces in a room that you don’t want visible on the camera. This creates a black box and protects your privacy.
This would be handy for bathrooms, open doors (that you don’t want to see into the rooms), or other low-risk areas.
3. Motion Detection
This Blurams indoor smart camera is designed to detect motion and discern between human activity and other activity.
When it detects motion, the camera will record a brief 10-15 seconds alert video. From there you can watch, download, or share the past 24 hours of alert video clips using the Cloud.
If you use the integrated SD card, you can download the videos for free without needing a subscription to the Cloud.
4. Advanced Night Vision
When there is limited light, the Blurams smart camera will automatically turn on night vision. Night vision mode uses a high contrast grayscale video to depict any motion that might occur in the dark.
5. Multi-Camera Viewing
If you need multi-angle viewing or camera in multiple rooms, the Blurams smart camera could be a good option.
This camera system allows you to pair up to four cameras and view simultaneously on one screen in the Blurams app.
Size & Dimensions
The Blurams smart camera is quite small.
Exact dimensions are listed below:
- Width: 2.9″
- Height: 3.7″
The Blurams smart camera weighs in around 3.36 ounces.
In addition to having a pretty small footprint, the Blurams Home Pro camera also has good flexibility when it comes time to get the perfect angle or hard-to-see spots.
This flexibility makes it easier to install this camera on a table top or flush up against the wall, depending on the application.
Accessories & Parts
Concerning parts and accessories, Blurams keeps it simple as well.
In the box, this home security system includes:
- Blurams Home Pro indoor smart camera
- Power cord / outlet
- Wall mount (optional)
- Drywall anchors (optional)
Note that it does not include a micro SD card. You’ll need to buy one if you want to record footage.
Setup & Usability
To get started with the Blurams indoor smart camera:
- Unbox the camera and remove all original packaging.
- Install the camera
- Connect to a wireless network.
- Install the app on your phone (or pair with an AI device like Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant).
How to connect to the app
- Download the Blurams App and set up a member account.
- Click the ‘+’ icon on the Home page and choose the Blurams Home Pro
- Click the bottom Blurams and enter the correct wifi information.
- Scan the QR Code on the App.
- After hearing the beep sound, Click the button and wait about 20 seconds.
- Done — setup is complete.
Once you’ve successfully paired the app to your smartphone, you’ll be able to access all of the settings.
Below is a sample of what the app setting look like once it’s all set up:
NOTE: The Blurams indoor smart camera works with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi networks; 5GHz Wi-Fi networks are not supported.
Day-to-day operations with the Blurams camera are easy and intuitive. Any time motion is detected on the camera (day or night), Blurams will take a short 10-15 second video of the activity and save it.
You can choose to save it to the Cloud (with a paid subscription) or onto the SD card. With either method, you can go back and review saved footage at your convenience.
The app is very user-friendly and easy to adjust features, like setting up the privacy mode and turning facial recognition on or off.
This camera had good video quality overall. It runs 1080p high definition and can live stream up to 131° field of view directly to your phone.
In addition, you can zoom in up to 4 times the original field of view. This provides good clarity if you’re trying to really capture the details of a particular scene.
The picture is clean and video quality seems true to color in natural lighting. During the night time test the video was high contrast, but still quite clear.
The Blurams camera has two-way audio which allows you to hear any audio as well as allow you to talk back if you catch someone on camera who shouldn’t be there.
There is a built-in microphone and speaker on the body of the camera that helps to enable this function.
I found the audio quality to be sufficient for the price (not great, but good enough). It was easy to turn up the volume on the app and the two-way audio was easy to understand when I was in the room.
The value of the Blurams smart indoor camera is a good one, in my opinion. It has a nice selection of features and ways to customize the video. It is a simple camera, and manufactured in China, but the quality feels really solid.
The lower price of the camera makes it easier to combine multiple cameras on one one viewing screen. If you have multiple kids or just want to keep an eye on multiple rooms in the home, it makes it incredibly easy.
For a quick list of some of the value-adding features, see below:
- Face recognition
- Privacy mode
- SD card or cloud storage
- Multi-screen viewing (up to 4 cameras)
- 2-way audio
- Night vision
- Up to 4x zoom
- Motion detection
- Optional sired
Blurams Home Pro Camera Specifications
|Specifications||Blurams Smart Indoor Camers|
|Model||Home Pro 1080p|
|Operating Temps||-10℃ to 50℃|
|Detection||Human, motion, and sound detection|
|Privacy Mode||Yes; blur selected area|
|Night Vision||6 LED beads with IR-cut, range up to 22 ft range(Non-invasive, perfect for baby monitor)|
|Audio||Two-Way Audio, Dual Modes: Intercom/Hands-free and 3D Noise Reduction|
|Storage||Cloud: One-Month Free Cloud Trial, Standard and Premium Plan available Local: Class 4 and above, 8-128G Micro SD Card|
|Orbit / Pan||No|
|Returns||30 days via Amazon, other retailers will vary|
Should you buy the Blurams Home Pro?
So that’s a wrap. We’ve talked through specs, features, performance, quality, and usability. All aspects considered, do you have a good idea of whether or not you should buy the Blurams Home Pro camera?
I would recommend Blurams if you’re looking for the following features in a smart indoor camera:
- Want a simple setup: The Blurams Home Pro camera is easy to setup and get going. The app is user-friendly as well. Simply plug it in and go. Nothing too fancy with the Blurams, but it feels like a nice quality product.
- Want custom viewing options: Facial recognition and privacy mode are two features that come completely with the Blurams indoor camera. These two features allow you to put a bit of a custom touch to the video output.
- Want multi-screen viewing: If you need a camera that can be paired with other cameras and offer multi-screen viewing, Blurams is a solid choice. With this system, you can pair up to 4 camera together and view simultaneously on one screen on the smartphone app.
- Want a great value: For the low price, this camera provides an excellent value. It is affordable, yet smart. simple, and of nice quality.
Good Performance, Budget Price
- Design - 95%95%
- Performance - 96%96%
- Quality - 94%94%
- Usability - 93%93%
- Value - 96%96%
The Blurams indoor camera is a solid option for video surveillance. You can pair up to 4 cameras together and view the footage on your phone, or store longer spans of footage on a paid Cloud server. This camera has 1080p resolution, as well as nice features like night mode, 2-way audio, privacy mode, facial recognition, and budget price.