For today’s review, we’re going to dive into another air purifier, the Bulex air purifier. The Bulex AF-3222 brings a simple modern look to the traditional air purifier. It’s small and lightweight, yet powerful enough to treat up to 202 sf.
There’s more to know so let’s go ahead and get started!
Small, but Mighty Air Purifier
Bulex Air PurifierThe Bulex air purifier is a medium-sized air purifier with 4-stage filtration (including carbon filter), touch panel controls, 4 fan speeds, and a sleep mode. It has a modern black aesthetic and excellent performance, making it a solid option for small to medium sized rooms (up to 202 sf.). During our tests it was able to achieve an air quality index of 0 and PM2.5 level of 0.4. Check Price
- Great for small bedrooms or home offices
- Max fan speed allows for up to 4 air changes in an hour
- Lifetime warranty and replacement
- Doesn’t have an auto mode or air quality detection sensors
- 202 sf area coverage could be a bit small for large or open concept spaces
The Bulex air purifier is made of a black plastic composite with a matte feel. The air intake grill is at the base with the filtration within the housing, and the air outlet located at the top.
The wide air intake allows this purifier to perform 4 air changes in one hour and can treat up to 202 square feet of air space.
The controls for the Bulex are located on top of the purifier. The controls include the following functions:
- Power: turns the purifier on or off
- Adjust fan speed: select from sleep mode, low, medium, or high
- Timer: set a timer, ranging from 2 hours up to 8 hours
- LED light: turns the lights on or off
- Filter replacement: there is also a filtration replacement notification, which will alert you when it’s time to replace the filter
How does it clean the air?
This Bulex air purifier cleans the air by using a 4-stage filtration system.
- Pre-Filter: The pre-filter removes larger particles like dust hair or other fibers from the air.
- HEPA Filter: The HEPA filter captures smaller particulates like pollen and other allergens. At peak performance, a HEPA filter can remove 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns.
- Carbon filter: The carbon filter is designed to remove odors (like smoke or cooking), as well as other harmful airborne chemicals like benzene and formaldehyde.
- Degerming filter: This filter sterilizing the air as it’s coming back into the room.
RELATED: Looking for an air purifier that uses something besides HEPA? Check out our review of the the Molekule Mini which uses PECO filtration to clean the air.
How big is the Bulex?
The Bulex air purifier is a pretty compact air purifier. It has a round, cylindrical base that can sit on the floor or upright on a large table.
Exact dimensions of the Bulex are as follows:
- 8″ diameter
- 13.6″ tall
What’s in the box?
The Bulex AF-3222 air purifier comes with the following parts in the box:
- Bulex air purifier
- HEPA filter
- Power cord
Using the Bulex Purifier
Setting up and using the Bulex air purifier is simple and easy to get started. This air purifier lacks smart control so it’s quick to setup.
To setup the Bulex air purifier for the first time:
- Unbox the unit.
- Remove all packaging.
- Make sure all filters are installed properly.
- Turn the unit on.
The Bulex air purifier doesn’t have an “auto mode” so you’ll need to select your fan speed manually.
RELATED: Best Air Purifiers We’ve Tested
You can choose from low, medium, high, or quiet. I will say that in quiet mode, this air purifier was incredibly quiet. The fact that the lights dim as well as a nice feature if you’re looking for a discreet air purifier.
Regular replacement of filters keeps the purifier sensors and filtration working at peak performance.
For the price, I would say that the Bulex air purifier had surprisingly good performance. It was able to make a noticeable impact on air quality and get the overall Air Quality Index down to 0.
What were the results?
- PM2.5: 4.5
- PM10: 6.9
- Particles: 339
- AQI: 18
After 1 Hour
- PM2.5: 0.4
- PM10: 0.7
- Particles: 69
- AQI: 0
After an hour, the Bulex air purifier removed 80% of air particles from the medium-sized room we tested in (~12×12′). It was able to improve PM2.5 air quality by 88%.
Is the Bulex a Good Value?
All things considered, is the Bulex air purifier a good value? I would say that the Bulex is absolutely a good value. It looks nice, is easy to use, has great purification performance, and some other cool specs.
Top features include:
- Sleep mode
- Variable fan speeds
- 4-stage filtration
- Good area coverage (up to 202 sf)
The one thing that it did lack that I would like to have seen is an auto mode. An air purifier that can detect when it needs to increase fan speed is a really nice bonus and certainly would add to the value of the Bulex.
|Width (inches)||8" diameter|
|Filters||4-stage (pre-filter, activated carbon, and HEPA)|
|Area Coverage||~202 sq ft.|
|Returns||30 days via Amazon.com. Varies by retailer|
Should You Buy the Bulex?
So the big question remains — should you buy the Bulex? It’s sleek, intuitive, and gets the job done.
I would recommend the Bulex AF 3222 if you’re looking for the following in an air purifier:
- Great performance: For its size and price, the performance on the Bulex is great. It was able to notably improve the air quality in the medium-sized room we tested in.
- Easy to use: The Bulex doesn’t have wifi connectivity so that means no app-based controls or smartphone data reports. It has a few touch controls directly on the unit that make it easy to adjust fan speed based, as needed.
- Don’t need auto mode: Fancier air purifiers have an “auto mode” that allows the purifier to detect current air quality and adjust fan speed as needed to keep the air as clean as possible. If this isn’t an important feature, then the simple design of the Bulex could be an excellent option.
Click here to reach more or to check the price of the Bulex air purifier.
Surprising Performance, Compact Design
- Design - 94%94%
- Performance - 96%96%
- Quality - 93%93%
- Usability - 92%92%
- Value - 95%95%
The Bulex air purifier is a medium-sized purifier that can treat up to 202 sf. This makes it a nice choice for small bedrooms or home offices. It has quality air performance and although it lacks the ability to automatically adjust fan speeds. It performed well in our air purification tests, reaching a PM2.5 level of 0.4 and an AQI of 0. A good choice for small to medium size rooms.