Featuring a large 5,200 mAh battery, the Dreame Z10 Pro Robot makes cleaning a breeze. What sets it apart is its self-emptying station with a 4-liter dust bag that holds up to 65 days of debris.
Dreame’s Self-Emptying Robot
Dreame Z10 Pro Robot VacuumThe Dreame Z10 Pro is a mid-range robot vacuum cleaner that requires virtually no manual intervention. Featuring an advanced navigation system, it can map out and store up to three floor plans. Plus, it comes with an auto-empty base for hassle-free cleaning. The mopping function could be better, but it still comes in handy when you’re short on time. In our tests, it proved to be a solid vacuum with excellent navigation.Check Price
- Self-emptying dust bin scores big points for convenience
- Good performnace in terms of navigation and battery life
- Wi-Fi connectivity and smart home integration
- The mopping performance could be better
- Cleaning performance on low pile carpet left something to be desired
Fantastic Navigation & Great Usability
Design - 95%
Performance - 87%
Quality - 95%
Usability - 97%
Value - 96%
The Dreame Z10 Pro is one of the smartest robot vacuums we have tested so far. Its excellent navigation and self-empty dust bin really take the stress out of cleaning. These features help make it more hands-off, which is the whole point of a robot vacuum cleaner. I’m okay giving up a little bit of performance if it means greater levels of usability.
This two-in-one robot vacuum can also be used as a mop, but we were not impressed with its performance in this area. What we like is that it’s compatible with Amazon Alexa and has Wi-Fi connectivity. The Mi Home app allows you to control it directly from your smartphone or tablet and take full advantage of the smart mapping system.
All in all, the Z10 Pro can be a good choice for large homes or apartments, especially if you have hardwood flooring.
Dreame’s latest robot vacuum cleaner is pretty solid and performed reasonably well in our tests. Below we’ll discuss what we like most about it, what could be improved, and what to expect in terms of performance and usability. Let’s get started.
Dreame Bot Z10 Pro Design
Dreame’s self-emptying robot vacuum is designed to move effortlessly in your home. It features smart controls, high-precision 3D scanners, and standard accessories, including a brush roll, side brush, and dust bag.
The Bot Z10 Pro is equipped with a 150-milliliter water tank that allows you to use it as a mop.
However, its mopping ability could be improved—but more on that later. What sets this model apart is the self-cleaning function and excellent navigation, which provide a “hands-off” cleaning experience.
Due to its compact design, the Dreame Bot Z10 Pro can make its way into small spaces effortlessly.
The V-shaped brush roll is designed to remove hairs and prevent clogging, while the 3D laser sensors have the role to detect obstacles.
The Dreame Z10 Pro has a user-friendly interface, featuring three buttons:
- A spot clean button that allows you to switch to Spot Cleaning mode
- A power/clean button for turning the device on and off
- A dock button that you have to press in order to send the robot back to its base
The reset button can be found beneath the cover. Press it for 3 seconds to restore the factory settings. This is also where you’ll find the cleaning tool and Wi-Fi indicator.
What does the bottom look like?
The bottom of the Bot Z10 Pro has several components, including:
- 2 directional wheels
- 1 omnidirectional wheel
- Brush guard clips
- Side brush
- Cliff sensors
- Charging contacts
- Dust intake ports
The bumper, 3D scanners, and edge sensors are located on the sides of the device.
The Self-Emptying Base
The Z10 Pro is the only Dreame robot vacuum that comes with a self-emptying station. The base is equipped with a 400ml dust tank, a 4L dust bag, and one filter, plus a cord storage slot and power cord socket in the back.
There’s also a LED button that shows you when it’s time to empty the dust bag. The button will blink white when the base is plugged in, and orange when the dust bag is full. It changes color to a different shade of white when the robot is charging.
We were impressed with the Z10 Pro’s dust bag, which can hold up to 65 days’ worth of dust and debris (depending on how often you use the device). Plus, the robot will clean itself every four days or so when used on a daily basis.
The new Dreame robot vacuum features a central brushroll with bristles and rubber, which makes it suitable for different types of surfaces. The rubber component allows for better performance on hardwood and tile floors.
There is also a spinning brush on one side to remove dust and debris from corners and other tight spots.
Size & Dimensions
This two-in-one robot vacuum cleaner is compact and lightweight, which allows it to move around with ease.
It weighs around 8.3 pounds and measures 13.89″ diameter x 3.81″H.
- Diameter: 13.89″
- Height: 3.81″
- Weight: 8.3 lbs.
The self-emptying base, on the other hand, measures 11″ x 15.8″ x 19″.
Accessories & Parts
The Dreame Z10 Pro vacuum cleaner includes the following parts and accessories:
- Auto-empty station
- Cleaning tool
- Side brush
- Mop pad
- Water tank
- Dust bag
- Power cord
The Z10 Pro has a self-empty base and other cool accessories, but it lacks a virtual barrier. However, you can set up virtual no-go zones via the Mi Home app.
If this feature is important to you, check out the Roomba 690, 890, 960, or 980. The latter actually comes with two barriers.
Our team recently tested the Dreame Z10 Pro. If you are a regular reader of our blog, you know that we use different types of debris and surfaces in our tests.
We can say that we’re satisfied with its overall performance, especially on hardwood floors. While the carpet cleaning performance could have been better, it wasn’t terrible. The same goes for the mopping function.
So, here are the results from our tests:
The Dreame Z10 Pro removed 99% of all debris on hardwood floors, which is quite impressive. It left a couple of small pieces in the corners of the room, but it did a good job overall.
Low Pile Carpet Cleaning
The Z10 Pro vacuum cleaner struggled a little on low-pile carpets, removing just 76% of all debris. To our surprise, it missed most of the sugar sprinkled on the carpet.
High Pile Carpet Cleaning
Dreame’s latest vacuum cleaner did a better job on high-pile carpet than on low-pile carpet, but it still failed to remove most of the sugar. Overall, it captured 88% of all debris.
Z10 Pro Mopping Performance
As mentioned earlier, the Dreame Z10 Pro comes with a mopping pad and water tank. Unfortunately, it isn’t amazing as a mop. Its overall performance was okay, but there is quite a lot of room for improvement in this area.
We see these types of mopping attachments on many robot vacuums. Typically, they are good, but not great. However, the Z10 Pro version left something to be desired even to reach the “good” tier.
It’s hard to say why the Z10 Pro didn’t remove as much dirt, dust, and debris as we’ve seen from other similar systems. The water tank is fairly small, so that’s almost certainly a contributing factor.
In any case, it’s a nice attachment to have and definitely worth using, but don’t expect it to function as a replacement for your traditional mop.
Dreame Z10 Pro Features
After testing the Dreame Z10 Pro, we were most impressed with the excellent navigation.
The Dreame Z10 Pro has a powerful battery, 4,000 Pa suction power, and high-precision 3D sensors. Plus, it can map out up to three floor plans and does a pretty good job at avoiding obstacles.
Let’s take a closer look at its key features.
- 2.5 hours of runtime—The Z10 Pro is equipped with a 5,200mAh battery that ensures up to 150 minutes of runtime in the Standard mode on a single charge.
- Self-emptying base—The dust tank is emptied after every cleaning, while the 4-liter dust bag can hold around 65 days’ worth of debris.
- Advanced mapping technology—Dreame’s self-emptying vacuum robot generates virtual maps of its surroundings. The longer you use it, the better it gets at identifying obstacles.
- Excellent navigation—The upgraded LiDar system combined with high-precision 3D scanners ensure excellent navigation. The Dreame Z10 Pro was able to navigate and clean my entire home without any significant issues on the first attempt.
- Front-facing sensors—I was especially surprised with the front-facing sensors. On one occasion, it correctly identified the video game controller cords in front of it. Instead of driving into them, it understood that it would likely get tangled, so it backed up and went another direction. It’s impressive to see that level of logic in a robot’s navigation.
- Great suction power—The Z10 Pro has a suction power of 4,000Pa when used in Turbo mode. If you don’t need that much power, you can choose from three other options, including Eco, Strong, or Standard cleaning modes.
- Smart home integration—Dreame’s two-in-one robot vacuum is compatible with Alexa, which allows you to control it remotely.
Setup and Usability
Setting up and using the Z10 Pro is pretty straightforward. Simply follow these steps:
- Unbox the robot and install the Mi Home app.
- Connect the robot with the app.
- Turn it on so that it can map out its surroundings.
- Use the Mi Home app to check its cleaning path, set up cleaning schedules, plan routes, choose a cleaning mode, and more.
Note that it’s not required to charge the robot after unboxing it, as it comes partially charged. Normally, it takes six to eight hours to fully charge the Dreame Z10 Pro.
The manufacturer recommends cleaning the main brush, side brush, and filter once a week. Wash the mop after each use.
The side brush, filter, and mop should be replaced every three to six months, depending on how often you use the Z10 Pro robot.
Dreame Z10 Pro Specifications
Below is a complete list of important specifications on the Dreame Z10 Pro robot vacuum.
|Model||Bot Z10 Pro|
|Floor Type||All (indoor)|
|Dust Bin Capacity||400 mL|
|Water Tank Capacity||150 mL|
|Suction Power||4,000 Pa|
|Noise Level||63 dB (Auto Mode)|
|Connection Type||WiFi, 2.4 GHz|
|Returns||Varies by retailer|
|Check Price||Check Price|
Should you buy the Dreame Bot Z10 Pro?
I would recommend the Dreame Z10 Pro if you want the following features in a vacuum robot:
- Hands-off cleaning: The Z10 Pro can vacuum and mop, making it suitable for those who are short on time. Its advanced navigation prevents it from getting stuck or hitting objects around the house. During the first clean, it did get stuck once under a desk. But beyond that, there were zero navigational problems.
- Wi-Fi connectivity: If you want a robot vacuum that can be controlled remotely, the Z10 Pro can be a good choice. The robot works with both Amazon Alexa and the Mi Home app.
- Self-emptying dust bag: The large dust bag can hold up to 65 days’ worth of debris, offering increased convenience.
- Long runtime: The 5,200mAh battery guarantees up to 2.5 hours of runtime in the Standard mode. This makes the Z10 Pro ideal for those living in a bigger house or apartment.
- Smart mapping: The Mi Home app allows you to set up virtual walls, divide your home into cleaning zones, and enable/disable cleaning areas.
For more information on the Dreame Z10 Pro, check it out here.