LIMITED COUPON: 40% off code with EH100CLEAN (limited to first 200)
A Value Stick Vac with Soft Roller Head
Elechomes CordlessThe Elechomes cordless vacuum is a 2-in-1 stick vacuum that also serves as a handheld vac. As a budget alternative to the Dyson V Series, this vacuum has solid cleaning performance (95% overall in our tests), washable parts, and is very user-friendly. There is a 50-minute run time with 3 varying suction levels. Use power when you need it and conserve it when you don’t. Check Price
- Cordless design with a good run time (up to 50 minutes)
- Lightweight body with 2-in-1 capability
- Soft roller head good for hardwood floors
- Struggles with cleaning fine debris on carpet
- Feels a little cheaper than other models we’ve tested
- Short run time with max suction (18-minute max)
The Elechomes cordless vacuum has a lightweight body style with the motor and dust bin in-hand and a maneuverable cleaning head.
It comes with a variety of cleaning tools that can be attached or detached from the vacuum to create a tool that is customized for your personal cleaning needs.
All of the controls for this vacuum are located on the back of the motor and / or handheld unit.
Using the handheld controls, you can:
- Turn the vacuum on / off
- Turn the brushroll on / off
- Adjust suction
The brushroll on this vacuum is a soft roller that is good for cleaning hardwoods and capturing large debris.
In some cases, we find that vacuums that only have a soft roller cleaning head may struggle with cleaning carpets. But that being said, this vacuum did not struggle with cleaning carpet in our tests.
Here are some of our favorite features on the Elechomes stick vacuum.
. Cordless design
The Elechomes cordless vacuum is designed to run cord-free anywhere you need it to go.
It has a run time of up to 50 minutes, but varies depending on what suction mode you’re in:
- Max suction: 18-minute run time
- Normal suction: up to 28-minute run time
- Minimum suction: up to 50-minute run time
When it’s time to recharge the vacuum, simply remove the battery and plug it into the charger.
How do you know when the battery is low?
There is a Smart Battery Level indicator on the handheld portion of the vacuum. It is a series of three lights.
- Full battery: all three lights are illuminated
- Partial battery: two out of the three lights are illuminated
- Low battery: only one light is illuminated (less than 30% power)
When the battery power is low, an indicator light will flash quickly for 10 times and then go out. When this happens, the vacuum will shut down automatically.
2. Multiple uses
The Elechomes cordless vacuum can be used as a stick vacuum or a handheld.
Similar to the design of the Dyson V Series stick vacuums, there is a one-button connection that quickly converts the vacuum between different uses.
Here is the Elechomes vacuum in handheld mode.
In this configuration, you’ll use:
- Handheld vacuum: This is the same body you’ll use for the stick vac mode.
- Cleaning tool: You can attach various tools to the end, depending on what you’re cleaning
Here is the Elechomes vacuum in stick mode
In this configuration, you’ll use:
- Full-size stick vacuum: This is the same body you’ll use for the handheld vac mode.
- Wand: The wand allows you to easily reach the floor.
- Cleaning head: The soft roller cleaning head is used for floor cleaning.
If you want to use the extension wand for cleaning high areas, like molding, fans, or furniture, simply swap out the cleaning head for a handheld cleaning tool (ex: the combination tool).
Size & Dimensions
Compared to other 2-in-1 stick vacuums the Elechomes vacuum is comparable in size. It is lightweight and easy to maneuver.
- Length – 44″
- Width – 10.25″
- Weight – 5.72 pounds
- Dust bin capacity – 0.5 L (approx. 2 cups)
Parts & Accessories
This vacuum includes a basic selection of parts and cleaning tools. It does not include as many tools as other comparable models, but the one that it does include is a dual-purpose, so there is that.
Keeping the tools and accessories simple helps to keep the cost of this vacuum at the lower end of the market.
What’s in the box?
- Combination tool: used as a soft dusting brush or a short crevice tool
- Docking mount: for hanging the vacuum (and tools) when not in use
- Charging cord: plugs into the back of the vacuum for charging up between uses
- Filters: includes two small filters, one washable HEPA filter, and one washable foam filter for fine debris
The tests below aim to show how well the Elechomes vacuum performed in different real-life tests.
For the most balanced results, we test each vacuum on three different floor types:
- Hardwood floors
- Low pile carpet
- High pile carpet
On each floor, we sprinkle four different debris types as well.
- Kitty Litter
This cordless vacuum had pretty solid performance across the board during our cleaning tests. It performed better on carpet than expected and had an overall cleaning score of 95% across all floor types and debris tested.
- Most successful: all debris types on hardwood cleaning
- Biggest struggle: fine debris types on high pile carpet
Hardwood cleaning performance was basically flawless with the Elechomes. It did leave a very small amount of cereal and sugar in the testing lane, but the remaining debris was insignificant.
As it was cleaning, I expected this vacuum to not be able to clean the cereal, as it feels too small to clean up large debris, but surprisingly that wasn’t the case.
The few bits that were left after our test were small pieces that spat back out of the brushroll after the cleaning was finished.
Cleaning Low Carpet Floors
Low carpet cleaning performance was better than expected. As mentioned above, I expected this vacuum to struggle a bit on carpet simply due to the soft roller cleaning head, which isn’t usually designed for carpet cleaning.
Assumptions aside, the Elechomes dominated low pile carpet and only left behind a minuscule amount of sugar. Overall, it was a big win for this value-priced vac.
Cleaning High Carpet
High carpet cleaning performance was decent but not great. Here is where I think the soft roller head and more compact size really starts to hurt this vacuum.
Similar to hardwoods, it spat out a bit of cereal towards the end of the cleaning. Some of that was due to the debris beginning to clog in the vacuum itself.
Kitty litter and sugar clean-up were also worse on this cleaning test. The suction nor brushroll didn’t seem to be strong enough to effectively clean this flooring type.
Setup & Usability
Unboxing of the Elechomes cordless vacuum is quick takes only a couple minutes. There are not many parts and the assembly is quick, only a few small connections to be made before you can get to cleaning.
The initial charge takes about 4.5 hours before you can begin cleaning.
The wall mount that comes with the vacuum is designed to hold all cleaning tools and the vacuum (with cleaning head).
It is easy to get the vacuum in and out and it certainly helps to have all parts and accessories in one location.
For daily use, this vacuum is simple. It has a good run time and the adjustable suction is a nice feature when you come across trouble spots in your cleaning cycle.
Unlike the Dyson V-Series, which uses a trigger on / off, this vacuum uses an actual button, meaning it will run continuously until you turn it off.
For conserving battery life, this may not be the best, but if you don’t want to worry about holding down a physical button, you may prefer this design.
Furthermore, the LED battery life indicator on the handheld is a nice feature to keep you informed on how much run time you have left.
RELATED: Want a robot to do the cleaning for you? See our robot vacuum reviews.
Considering maneuverability, the Elechomes is fantastic. It is lightweight and has a tight turning radius.
It can also lay nearly completely flat which makes it easier to clean under furniture or other hard-to-reach areas.
In addition to how it moves, I will also add that the cleaning head is pretty shallow compared to other vacuums.
From aesthetics alone, it looks like this vacuum would not be able to tackle large debris, but as our testing results show, it did not struggle.
Proper maintenance is an important part of any vacuum and the Elechomes is no exception. Taking care of the small tasks listed below will help the vacuum to run at peak performance every time you use it for cleaning.
- Empty the dustbin, as needed.
- Charge / replace the battery, as needed.
- Replace the filters, as needed.
How much does the dust bin hold?
The dust bin can hold 0.5 liters or a little over 2 cups of dry debris capacity.
How do the filters work?
This system has a 5-stage filtration design that works together to lock debris in the dust bin and keep it from getting into the air or other parts of the machine.
There is a washable HEPA filter as well as a fine sponge filter. Both of these filters are removable and easy to maintain.
Is the Elechomes a good value?
The value of the Elechomes really comes down to what exactly you’re looking for in a vacuum.
At the end of the day, this Elechomes vacuum is a solid build if you’re looking for a budget stick vacuum. It has:
- Good cleaning performance (95% overall in our tests)
- Up to 50-minute run time
- Washable filters
- 2-in-1 body style
- Adjustable suction (three different levels)
What are the drawbacks? Some of the disadvantages of this vacuum would be the cheaper feel overall (could lead to longevity issues), the short run time when using max suction (only 18 minutes), and lack of cleaning tools.
Also, the lack of a traditional brushroll means high pile carpet performance isn’t amazing.
|Floor Type||All (indoor)|
|Max Run Time||50 mins|
|Suction||3 Levels (20000Pa max)|
|Dust Bin Capacity||0.5 L|
|Returns||Varies by retailer|
Should you buy the Elechomes cordless vacuum?
Alright, so all things considered, is the Elechomes cordless right for you? I would recommend the Elechomes if you’re looking for the following in a vacuum cleaner:
- Cordless design: There are no cords to hold you back while cleaning with this vacuum. It offers up to a 50-minute run time and a detachable battery when it’s time to juice up. There is also a wall-mounted accessory for easy storage, cord-free.
- Low price point: This vacuum seems to hit the sweet spot of performance and price. It did better than expected on our cleaning tests and still falls in the lower end of the market spectrum.
- Good for hardwood floors: Elechomes offers this vacuum with a soft roller cleaning head. This style of roller is excellent for cleaning hard surface floors like hardwoods, tile, or even composites like laminate or linoleum or vinyl plank.
- Design - 93%93%
- Performance - 95%95%
- Quality - 92%92%
- Usability - 93%93%
- Value - 97%97%
The Elechomes cordless vacuum uses a 2-in-1 design, so it can be used as a stick or handheld vacuum. In our tests it dominated both hardwood floors and low pile carpets, despite only including a soft roller brush head. Its performance on high pile carpet left something to be desired, but given the price point it’s hard to complain too much. Overall cleaning score came in at a 95% on our tests. There are a limited number of accessories, but again, it’s hard to complain given the price. A truly extraordinary value for the money.