6-Piece Egyptian Cotton Towel Set
eLuxurySupply TowelsThis set of 900 GSM Egyptian towels by eLuxury was an impressive collection. Overall, the towels felt heavier than other bath towels we’ve used and also more absorptive. They are plush and made of 100% Egyptian cotton—a solid option if you’re looking for a quality bath towel set.Check Price
- 56% heavier than the other more typical bath towels (900 GSM)
- 100% Egyptian cotton, very soft
- Felt quite absorptive during our shower test
- Some threads snagged when trying to get the cardboard tag off
- Lots of lint. Our dryer lint trap was completely full even after 2 washes.
The eLuxury towel set is a set of ultra-plush towels made from 100% authentic Egyptian cotton, a material known for its softness and absorbency.
This particular set comes with 6 towels—2 bath towels, 2 hand towels, and 2 face towels.
It is also available in 6 different colors:
- Forest Green
- Light Blue
Size and Weight
This eLuxurySupply Egyptian cotton towel comes as a set of 6 towels with 3 included sizes—bath towel, hand towel, and face towel.
Bath Towel (x2)
- Width: 30″
- Length: 55″
Hand Towel (x2)
- Width: 20″
- Length: 30″
Face Towel (x2)
- Width: 13″
- Length: 13″
The density weight of the eLuxury towels is 900 GSM, which is pretty high compared to other towels on the market.
What is GSM?
GSM stands for “grams per square meter” and refers to the fabric weight and density of the towel. A towel with a higher GSM is thicker, denser, and generally more absorbent than a towel with a lower GSM.
Here’s a quick primer on towel GSM:
- 300 to 400 GSM – lightweight towels that are able to dry quicker, but might not absorb as much.
- 400 to 620 GSM – medium weight towels. Many consumers like these for bath, kitchen, and guest towels.
- 620 to 900 GSM – heavy weight towels. These are the most absorbent due to the added density, thickness, and weight. They also take the longest to dry. More of a luxury feel.
Comparable plush towels we found on amazon ranged from 600-700 GSM.
RELATED – See our eLuxurySupply accent chair review.
So let’s talk about performance testing. How do you test the quality of a towel? The main factors that we looked at when assessing the overall performance of these towels includes:
- GSM value
- Overall weight
At 900 GSM, these towels are pretty dense compared to others on the market. In most cases, towel density has a direct correlation with absorbency.
For the weight, I compared the eLuxurysupply towel to 2 older towels that we already had in our home (brand unknown, but I’m fairly confident they came from Bed Bath & Beyond).
- Weight: 33.0 oz
6 Year Old Towels
- Weight: 21.1 oz
22 Year Old Towels
- Weight: 21.1 oz
Note: All of the towel weights listed above are bath towels of comparable sizes.
How absorbent is the eLuxury bath towel?
While there’s not a definitive or “hard-line” way to test the performance of a cotton towel, I did use it after showers to see how well the towel performed.
Here are a few points that I noticed.
- Sizing seemed consistent with other towels—large enough to dry off, but not excessively huge or difficult to manage.
- Towel felt super absorbent—allowed me to dry off fairly quickly and had a plush feeling to it (both before and after washing).
- Limited “shedding”—some towels have a tendency to “shed” lint or fibers from the towel as you’re trying off. That wasn’t the case with the eLuxury towel, however, it does shed quite a lot in the dryer.
Is the eLuxury a good value?
Overall, I would say that the value of the eLuxury towels is solid.
It’s dense, absorbent, and still soft. Good towels may feel costly to some people, but also remember that the cost of this towel set includes six towels.
For 1-2 people, this could likely be all the towels you would need, but you may want an extra set in order to stock a few extras.
For a family of 3-4 people, you would probably need 2-3 sets, which would certainly cost more. But again, a quality bath towel will last so you would likely not need to replace these towels for many years.
Should you buy the eLuxury towels?
I would recommend eLuxury if you’re looking for the following in a set of towels:
- 100% Egyptian Cotton: For an ultra-soft towel, the eLuxury Egyptian cotton towel is a good choice. It’s soft, has a good weight to it, and can soak up everything you can throw at it.
- 3 included sizes: These towels are sold as a set to include 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels, and 2 face towels. If you’re looking for an “all-in-one” set, this one checks three separate boxes at once.
- Comes in 6 different colors: There are five colors offered with the eLuxurysupply cotton towels. For a single towel that can be used in multiple bathrooms or to swap out between multiple colors, the 6 different color options may be an attractive feature.
Plush Luxury Feel
Design - 95%
Performance - 97%
Quality - 97%
Usability - 95%
Value - 95%
This 6-piece set of Egyptian cotton towels from eLuxurysupply are a great option for a plush, absorbent, and aesthetically pleasing towel set. It comes in 6 different colors and has a GSM value of 900. I tested this towel straight from the shower for a standard dry-off and was really pleased with how well towels absorbed the water. In the set, there are three different sizes: bath towel, hand towel, and a face towel which really checks all the boxes for what most people are looking for in a standard set of towels.