Compact Ceramic Heater
Honeywell UberHeatThe Honeywell UberHeat ceramic portable heater is a stylish little compact heater with easy to use controls and a modern aesthetic. Although you can’t set the heater to an exact targeted temperature, it does have 2 heat settings (high and low) and a radial dial to help you decide how much additional heat you need in the room. It has got a low price and is a nice option for small to medium size rooms or as a personal desk heater.Check Price
- White round body and tapered legs add some aesthetic appeal to this compact heater.
- A great value for an attractive, low-priced heater for small to medium sized rooms.
- Anti-tip feature automatically turns the heater off it in topples over.
- Auto-shut off when the heater detects that it has reached the targeted temperature.
- Radial dial controls make it difficult to know what temperature you’re setting
- Short 6′ cord limits where the fan can be placed.
- Front surface gets hot to the touch when running.
- Rear air intake means you may need to be considerate when placing your heater near walls
Honeywell UberHeat Ceramic Heater
The Honeywell UberHeat ceramic heater is a small, but mighty heater for small and medium sized rooms.
What does the front look like?
The UberHeat heater is has a round, plastic body which is heat-resistant and cool to the touch. The front face of the heater is black metal which is a nice aesthetic match to the black, short tapered legs.
This heater is available in two colors, white or black. Both versions have a black front grill that protects the heating element as well as the black tapered legs.
What does the back look like?
The back of the heater has a black cool-touch body and performs three important functions:
- Houses the fan that is used to draw in air for heating
- Includes a convenient carry handle on the top
- Includes a small wire kickstand that allows the heater to stand up on its own, while also protecting the base of the cord
Safety Notice: The Honeywell UberHeat must be located at least 3′ away from any wall and comes with a 6′ long cord.
Controlling the Heater
On top of the heater is all of the controls. There is a simple two-way rocker switch that turns the heater on and off and allows you to alternate between a low and high mode.
The top of the heater also has a large radial dial that has a visual marker indicating a low target temperature or a high target temperature.
How does it work?
When using the heater, the pictorial radial dial is a bit of a guessing game. If you’re room is very cold or large, you can turn the knob up to a higher temperature. In this case, the heater will run for longer in order to warm the space.
If you have a smaller room or just need it warmed slightly, you can select a temperature on the lower end of the spectrum.
In this case, the heater will only run long enough for it to reach the lower desired temperature and turn itself on and off as needed.
The Honeywell UberHeat ceramic heater has four main safety features. These features are nice inclusions, considering the low price tag of this heater.
- On / Off Indicator – There is a red light at the base of this heater that indicates whether this heater is on or off.
- Cool Touch Housing – The round body of this heater remains cool to the touch, even at max power and allows you to move or adjust the position of this heather, whether it is on or off.
- Anti-Tip Technology – There is a safety switch at the bottom of this heater. If it is tipped over for any reason, it will automatically turn off, as a safety precaution .
- Auto Shut off – If the heater starts to overheat for any reason (whether on its own or if it’s too close to another object), this little heater will automatically shut off, to prevent any potential damage to itself or your surroundings.
Size & Dimensions
The Honeywell UberHeat heater is very compact, and can comfortably fit on a large desk, an end table, or sitting directly on the floor.
It weighs in at under 4 pounds making it a smart option for a portable heater for your small space.
- Height – 10.2″
- Width – 9″
- Depth – 6.5″
- Weight – 3.8 lbs
The overall performance of the Honeywell UberHeat ceramic heater was pretty good, especially considering its small size. To test this unit, we placed it in a cool room.
- Temperature: About half way on the radial dial
- Mode: Low Heat
We rotated the radial dial about half way, set it on low heat, and monitored how long it took before the room few comfortable. In our scenario, the room was originally about 72 degrees.
So how cozy did it get?
After about 15 minutes the room felt much warmer, and increased by about 5 degrees (estimated). After about an hour or so the heater turned itself off, having reached the targeted temperature, and rested.
Later on, when the temperature had dropped again, the heater turned itself back on to warm up the room to the targeted temperature.
Let’s run it again – Take Two.
For a comparative analysis, we ran the test again.
- Temperature: Max temperature on the radial dial
- Mode: High Heat
This time, we rotated the radial dial all the way to the maximum target temperature and turned it on high heat. In this case, the heater seemed to heat up the room a little faster and it didn’t stop there.
Instead of turning on and off as needed, the heather continued to run until we manually turned it off.
It’s difficult to know exactly where the targeted temperature was shooting for, but after about 30 minutes of running in a room that was 72 degrees, this little heater almost seemed to heat up the room too much.
About Our Testing Room
Out tests of this UberHeat heater were done in a room that’s approximately 10×12′ with hardwood floors and a large window.
If placed in a larger room, or a room with more windows, the Honyewell heater would likely be able to warm it up, when running on high heat.
If placed in a smaller room, or room with fewer windows, the Honeywell heater would likely be able to warm it up, when running on low heat.
The usability of the Honeywell UberHeat heater is extremely simple.
Setting it up:
To set up this heater, you simply need to:
- Unbox the heater
- Plug it in
It really couldn’t be an easier.
Once it’s all set-up, you’re ready to heat things up.
To heat a small to medium sized room:
- Select low or high heat on the toggle switch.
- Set a desired target temperature using the radial dial.
With those simple settings, you’re ready to go.
The UberHeat heater is small and quite and really puts out quite a bit of heat considering its size.
The biggest drawback is that you can’t really select an exact target temperature. It can be hard to find that “sweet spot” of just warm enough without being too warm when all you have to go off of is the pictogram on the radial dial.
Is the Honeywell UberHeat Heater a Good Value?
So let’s talk about value.
Is the Honeywell UberHeat heater a good value considering its price and overall performance at heating up the room?
Overall, I would say yes.
At 1500 watts, it’s a powerful little machine that heated the room quickly without feeling hot spots close to the unit.
If you’re looking for a budget option and don’t need exact temperature targeting, this Honeywell compact heater is a nice option. It’s powerful, not a huge power sucker, yet still gets the job done.
Honeywell UberHeat Heater Specifications
Below is a table showing the full list of specifications of the Honeywell UberHeat ceramic heater:
|Specifications||Honeywell UberHeat Heater|
|Cordless||No - 6 ft cord|
|Location||Indoor use only|
|Returns||Yes (usually), Varies by retailer|
Who Should Buy the Honeywell UberHeat Heater?
Overall, the Honeywell UberHeat is a nice heater for a smaller space, especially if you’re looking for something with a modern aesthetic to it. It performed well at heating the room and is easy to adjust if the settings aren’t quite right.
UberHeat is best for:
I would recommend the Honeywell UberHeat if you’re looking for the following features in a ceramic heater:
- Want a compact, stylish heater: The UberHeat heater weighs less than 4 pounds and has a carrying handle. It has a round plastic body that is cool to the touch and two short tapered legs that give it a slight mid-century modern appeal.
- Want simple, no-fuss, controls: This ceramic heater is also extremely easy to control. The settings are extremely intuitive and easy to adjust if you get too hot or too chilly. As a potential downside to this fact, keep it mind that it’s difficult to select an exact targeted temperature. It’s a bit of a guessing game before you get the settings just right.
- Want an inexpensive unit: At the price, the Honeywell UberHeat really is hard to beat. This heater would be excellent for your office or a small space in your home.
For more information on the UberHeat ceraminc heater, see here.
Why did the UberHeat score the way it did?
- Design – It’s sleek, modern, and small enough to fit on a desk or tabletop.
- Performance – Heats up the room quickly and quietly.
- Quality – The cool-touch body and study legs feel like quality additions, especially for the price.
- Usability – Quick to understand and easy to use- plug in, turn on the speed, and select your heat. Done.
- Value – For the price, this heater really is a great little heater. What it lacks in bells and whistles, it makes up for with its styling body, great performance, and 3-year limited warranty.
Compact and Chic, with lots of heat
- Design - 96%96%
- Performance - 96%96%
- Quality - 95%95%
- Usability - 94%94%
- Value - 95%95%
The Honeywell UberHeat ceramic portable heater is a nice option if you’re looking for an inexpensive heater to add a little warmth to small or medium sized rooms. It has limited options as far as targeting specific temperatures, but the user controls are extremely intuitive and easy to use. This heater has a white body and short black tapered legs for an attractive modern heater.