Joss & Main offer home goods, decor, furniture, and more. But what’s it like to shop and order from this Wayfair backed giant? Find out now.
Home & Furniture Online Warehouse
Joss & MainJoss & Main is an online warehouse retailer that offers a wide range home, decor, furniture, and other products. They are owned by Wayfair, which gives them a huge variety of brands and products to stock. Product quality is generally good, but can vary depending on the specific product. J&M’s biggest weak spot is customer support, and is the largest area of complaint amount consumers.Visit J&M.com
What We Like
- Wide selection of items with good inventory stock
- Large number of customer reviews
- User-friendly filters for a customized shopping experience
What We Don’t Like
- Return policy may be difficult (buyer pays return shipping in most cases)
- Rotating flash sales can be hard to navigate
- Membership is required
Joss & Main reviews vary depending on what source you’re looking at. Each item listed for sale has an associated review based on buyer feedback and customer photos.
But how does Joss & Main review as a company? Let’s dive in and see.
What is Joss & Main?
Joss & Main is an online warehouse of all things home. They carry a wide selection of design styles, price points, and home items. Some of their most popular categories include:
- Decor & Pillows
- Bedding & Bath
- Home Improvement
- Kitchen & Tabletop
All four of those companies are owned by Wayfair.com and have overlapping product lines.
What Reviews Are Saying
- Quality: The quality of Joss & Main items can vary from each order since not all items are fabricated by the same supplier. That being said, if your order arrives damaged or broken, they will return it for free. In addition, popular items have a large number of reviews and / or customer photos to give you a good idea of what exactly you’re getting.
- Shipping: Shipping speeds vary depending on what type of item you’re buying. Larger items like sofas and bedroom sets tend to take a little longer, whereas smaller items like accessories or home decor can be faster. It may not be Amazon Prime, but the shipping speed is upfront before you check-out so you can make an informed decision.
- Support: Customer support is one of the biggest issues with Joss & Main, based on third party reviews. Although their home page boasts a series of options in the Help Center, critics claim that help rarely comes fast enough and may take up to 2 business days, or even more in some cases. For “Flash Sales”, it would be nice to see an Online Chat option available for quicker response time.
A membership is required to shop Joss & Main items. There are two different tiers of memberships:
- Free Membership: just provide your email address and receive access to shopping and the ability to place orders
- MyWay: pay $29.99 / annually and get benefits like free shipping, one-day shipping, exclusive perks and insider access, and 25% off assembly and installation
If you opt for the MyWay membership, the benefits of the membership are good for all of the joint retailers (Joss & Main, Wayfair, AllModern, and Birch Lane)
We refer to the Better Business Bureau when evaluating customer service rating for a business. This score considers how long a business has been operating, customer feedback, and business interactions.
Ratings span from A+ (highest) to F (lowest) or NA in some cases.
According to the Better Business Bureau, Joss & Main / Wayfair scores a B, which is based primarily on the number of complaints about the company filed to the BBB. (1,036 complaints as of June 2020).
DISCLAIMER: While this score is a factor in how a business operates, it’s certainly not everything. For every 1 negative review / compliant filed on the BBB, there are likely numerous smooth transactions that go off without a hitch.
Making A Return
If you find that you don’t love a purchase from Joss & Main, they do allow you to make a return, but that does come with a few conditions.
Most items can be returned for a refund or store credit within 30 days of delivery. Sounds pretty good, but here’s the fine print.
The following purchases cannot be returned.
- Clearance items
- Gift cards
- Personalize items
- Bundled items at discounted rates, e.g. “5 for $25” (unless the entire bundle is returned)
- Items marked “Non-Returnable” on the sale page
- Items you have already assembled
In addition, you’ll need to pay return shipping which could be costly for larger items, like furniture.
They do make special exceptions for a few of their categories.
- Mattress returns: a 100-night free trial with free returns or exchange (return / exchange only available once per order)
- Large appliance returns: return within 30 days of delivery as long as it has not yet been installed and is returned in the original packaging.
- Extended holiday returns: all items purchased between November 1 and December 31, have an extended return window until January 31.
What You Need to Know
- Categories: home decor and furniture
- Returns: 30-day window, buyer pays return shipping (exceptions apply)
- Parent Company: owned by Wayfair; sister-company of AllModern, and Birch Lane)
- Membership: required, but it’s free. MyWay is offered for $29.99 / mo for bonus features like free, 2-day shipping or special access
- Support: email or phone support with up to a 2-day turnaround time
Should You Shop Joss & Main?
So all things considered, do Joss & Main reviews say that it’s a good place to shop? The answer is typically yes.
While the mega warehouse store doesn’t have a perfect record, it does do a lot of things right. Overall, I would recommend Joss & Main for the following:
- Great selection: There are literally thousands upon thousands of items at Joss & Main. Being backed by Wayfair.com not only boosts their visibility and exposure but also financially backs them to be able to provide large inventory numbers and access to 1,000 of brands.
- Flash sales: If you like the adrenaline just of “Flash Sales” and temporarily discounted prices, the Joss & Main model could be a great retailer to go with.
- Special Return Policy: Shopping around the holidays offers an extended return window for Joss & Main buyers. Also, mattress sales come with free returns and a 100-night trial period. These two categories alone are nice exceptions to the typical 30-day, paid returns policy that applies to other items.
We typically test products here at Modern Castle, and our standard testing criteria doesn’t line up very well to reviewing an entire company. As a result, we’re slotting in a few different scoring categories below and included more specific reasons for why we scored the way we did.
- Shipping – 85%. A little slow and may experience unexpected delays but offers membership with free 2-day shipping.
- Quality – 90%. Varies between different brands under the J&M umbrella, but overall price and quality seem expected; you get what you pay for.
- Inventory – 95%. Since J&M is owned by Wayfair.com, they have the financial backing to have a lot of inventory and supplies including 1000s of different brands.
- Returns – 85%. Buyer pays return shipping in most cases and returns are not eligible for open/assembled items. Considering this site is mostly home furniture returns may be costly and it could be difficult to know if you need a return if you can’t even assemble the piece without losing eligibility.
- Support – 80%. No online chat, 2-day window for getting responses. for a company that is modeled around “flash sales” this 2-day turnaround time feels a little lengthy to get a response for a question that may be regarding a flash sale ending soon.
Excellent Inventory, But Returns Can Be Problematic
- Shipping - 85%85%
- Quality - 90%90%
- Inventory - 95%95%
- Returns - 85%85%
- Support - 80%80%
Joss & Main’s greatest strength is their inventory and selection. They offer a full range of home goods, decor, and furniture products to choose from. Shipping can leave something to be desired, especially if you’re coming from Amazon Prime. However, shipping dates are clearly stated and upfront. Returns are perhaps the biggest miss for Joss & Main and one of the largest sources of complaints from users. Many returns require the customer to pay for return shipping and there can be other restrictions that make it a less-than-great experience.