A 2-in-1 Mopping Robot Vacuum
Lefant T700 VacuumThe Lefant T700 robot vacuum is a 2-in-1 model that offers a nice balance features, performance, and price. It has wifi connectivity, good performance, and a large dust bin or separate water reservoir (for mopping).Check Price
- Good mopping performance, considering the overall price
- Has smartphone control through wifi connectivity
- Provides digital cleaning reports through the use of the app
- Had trouble connecting to the app; might not be compatible with the most recent OS for Android
- Struggled a bit with fine debris (see our cleaning tests below)
- 2-in-1 robot vacuum and robot mop
- ~110 minute run time
- 600 mL dustbin (for dry vacuuming)
- 285 mL water tank (for mopping)
The design of the Lefant T700 robot vacuum is similar in looks to other robot vacuums on the market. It has an all black body with red trim around the perimeter.
The front of the vacuum has a bumper which helps to prevent damage to itself or other obstacles in the room.
What controls does the Lefant have?
On top of the vacuum, there are a few simple controls, including:
- on / off power cleaning button
- wifi connectivity indicator
What’s on the underside of the Lefant?
On the underside of this vacuum, there are two spinning brushes (one on each side) which helps to capture debris from corners and along edges.
There are a series of edge sensors on the bottom of the Lefant as well that help with navigation and avoiding drop zones (like stairs or lofted spaces).
FAQ: What’s the best vacuum cleaner? Modern Castle answers.
How Does It Clean?
The Lefant robot vacuum has 5 unique cleaning modes, which includes:
- Route Planning: The robot vacuum will run in linear paths, working its way across the room, until all spaces are clean.
- Auto Cleaning: The robot vacuum will take a somewhat sporadic approach, but eventually clean all spaces in the room.
- Corner and Edge Cleaning: The robot vacuum will focus efforts on corners and edges, mostly avoiding the space and obstacles in the middle of the room.
- Max Suction: The robot vacuum will run at the highest suction power in order to deeply clean a specific area. Running at max suction and drain the battery faster so try to only use this mode when really necessary.
- Spot Cleaning: The robot vacuum will clean in a radial pattern working its way from the inside out.
Vacuum & Mopping
The Lefant robot vacuum doubles as a smart robot vacuum as well as a robot mop.
For Vacuuming: If you simply want to vacuum, you will attach the dry vacuuming dust bin, along with the spinning brushroll.
For Mopping: This vacuum has an 285 ML water tank for efficient wet mopping and has a 3-stage water output system, which helps to output the right amount of water for each cleaning task. For mopping, it includes a squeegie-type attachment as well as the large reservoir tank.
For Pure Suction: If you find that hair is getting tangled into the brushroll you may consider using the pure suction (also used for mopping) attachment. The pure suction attachment does just that, only suction, no spinning brush agitation.
When connected to a wifi network, you can use the app on your smartphone to control the robot vacuum and schedule cleaning cycles. The app allows you to set up time for an entire week with a different daily cleaning time, if desired.
The Lefant robot vacuum uses smart mapping systems and infrared technology to navigate throughout your home.
This robot can provide digital maps reports (when you’re in the app) and it can intelligently map your home, providing straighter and more logical cleaning paths as it works.
RELATED : Our full list of robot vacuum reviews
Size & Dimensions
The Lefant robot vacuum is comparable in size to most other robot vacuums. It’s a little shorter than the Roomba lineup so if you have a lot of low furniture, this could be a plus.
How big is the vacuum?
The Lefant T700 vacuum is:
- 12.6” diameter
- 3.2” tall
- 6.17 pounds
How big is the charging base?
The charging base is 6.5″ tall and 3.5″ wide.
It’s small size allows it to bump up against the wall so you can charge the Lefant out of sight (if you desire).
Accessories & Parts
The Lefant T700 robot comes with a number of parts and accessories.
The Lefant T700 robot vacuum includes the following parts and accessories:
- Charging base
- Power cord
- Spinning brushes x 4 (includes 2 spares)
- Vacuum filter x 2 (includes 1 spare)
- Microfiber mopping cloths x 2 (includes 1 spare)
- Mopping / Pure suction attachment
- 285 mL water tank for mopping
- 600 mL dust bin for dry vacuuming
- Remote control
2-in-1 Vacuum & Mop
The Lefant doubles as a robot vacuum as well as a mopping robot. Both functions can be scheduled ahead of time and had overall good cleaning performances.
While the mopping function can be scheduled, in most cases we think it’s best to start this while you’re around.
The water tank reservoir uses a gravity fed cloth drip system to moisten the cleaning rag.
As a result, if you were to load the water and start the mopping several hours later you would likely have an excessive amount of water on your floor and mopping pad.
RELATED: What’s the best robot mop?
The sensors on the underside of the robot vacuum help it to avoid dangerous drops or fall hazards, meaning more time cleaning and less time for you having to babysit the vacuum.
The Lefant robot vacuum can be controlled with your smartphone, but it also includes physical remote control as well.
This is a nice feature for users who may not want to setup the wifi control.
Using the remote control, you can:
- Turn the vacuum on / off
- Start / stop a cleaning
- Send the robot back to the charging station
- Manually direct where the robot should go
- Change cleaning modes
- Turn mopping feature on / off
Smart Sensor Navigation
The navigation is pretty advanced considering the low price point. I was impressed by its ability to navigate in straighter paths and avoid knocking into furniture.
While we were unable to get app control to work (see below), the app is capable of building digital mapping reports.
These maps help to identify any trouble spots or areas that the robot may have missed.
This model is also compatible with wifi networks, making it a nice choice option if you’re looking for a robot vacuum that you can control via your smartphone or tablet.
Unfortunately, we were unable to connect to the app to test this feature. It seems that it perhaps is not compatible with our phone (Android version 9, Samsung Galaxy S8)
The cleaning performance of the Lefant robot vacuum was not bad, overall.
It excelled on hardwood floors and did pretty good on carpets, although struggling with fine debris (like sugar).
The mopping was a nice additional feature as well. It’s probably not a replacement to your traditional mop, but it’s a great way to help maintain clean floors, as well as clean light to moderate messes.
Our process for testing cleaning performance of dry robot vacuums is to test them against four common debris types:
- kitty litter
Our process for testing cleaning performance of wet mopping robots is to test them against a different type of debris, more in line with messes you’d need a mop for. For our tests, we use:
- water (dyed green for visibility)
Hardwood Floor Cleaning
The cleaning performance during the dry hardwood test was virtually flawless.
The Lefant T700 removed 98% of all debris on our testing lane. It did a great job of collecting all debris types for an all-around superb clean.
Low Carpet Cleaning
On low carpet, the cleaning results were pretty good, but it did miss a decent amount of sugar.
The Lefant removed 89% of debris on our low pile carpet cleaning tests.
High Carpet Cleaning
On high carpet, we saw results consistent with those of the low carpet.
The Lefant T700 removed 88% of all debris we tested it against on high pile carpets. Similar to our low carpet tests, the biggest issue for the Lefant was removing sugar from the carpets.
The cleaning performance during the wet mopping test was also pretty good.
It removed most of the honey during the test, but it did leave the floor a bit sticky.
During the mud test it removed a good portion of the thinner mud, but ended up pushing around larger debris within the mud.
For the water test, it did a great job of cleaning up the liquid and was able to capture most of it.
Setting up the Lefant robot vacuum is simple and only takes a few minutes.
To fully control the robot vacuum you’ll need to connect it your wifi network, using the provided app. Without the app, controls for this vacuum will be pretty limited.
If you plan on mopping, you’ll also need to fill the water tank, install it, and attach the included cleaning cloth.
Using the App
Setting up the app should be fairly straight forward.
Simpy download the app and connect your Lefant T700.
Unfortunately, I was not able to connect to the app. It seems there is a compatibility issue with my phone and the app (most likely because a new version of Android recently launched).
Is the Lefant robot vacuum a good value?
Overall, I would say that Lefant T700 is a solid robot vacuum. Considering the price, it’s nice to have the dry vacuuming feature as well as wet mopping.
Cleaning performance was well balanced between the two functions.
In addition to performance, it also has a nice assortment of smart features which helps to add to its value. Digital smart mapping and advanced navigation are two of the most notable smart features.
The advanced navigation also allows for multiple cleaning modes, including one mode that navigates in straight lines, much like the way you would vacuum manually (which some users may prefer).
It’s not the “best of the best”, but for the price, it’s a pretty good deal and offers a solid value, in my opinion.
Lefant T700 Specifications
|Floor Type||All (indoor)|
|Returns||30 days via Amazon. Varies by retailer|
Who Should Buy the Lefant Robot Vacuum?
The Lefant T700 robot vacuum is a value priced vacuum with smart connectivity, dry vacuuming / wet mopping, and advanced navigation and mapping technology.
I would recommend the Lefant if you’re looking for the following in a robot vacuum:
- Want a great budget price: If you want good performance, but also don’t want to fork out an arm and a leg, the Lefant can be a good option. The performance wasn’t flawless and it doesn’t have every bell and whistle, but it does have a good balance of features and performance, at a reasonable price.
- Want a 2-in-1 robot vacuum and mop: If you’re looking for a robot that serves the purpose of vacuum and mop, the Lefant may be just what you’re looking for. There are not many models on the market right now with this capability and even fewer that do both functions very well.
- Want smart capability: The Lefant robot vacuum offers wifi connectivity for app control directly from your smartphone as well as in-app scheduling and digitally mapped cleaning reports.
Have questions or want more information?
Budget 2-in-1 Robot
- Design - 93%93%
- Performance - 92%92%
- Quality - 91%91%
- Usability - 93%93%
- Value - 94%94%
The Lefant T700 is a 2-in-1 robot that can both vacuum and mop floors. With wifi integration, it can be controlled via connected smartphone app or using a standalone remote control. It performed well during our cleaning tests, scoring a 98% on hardwood floors, and a 88.5% average on our carpet tests. The mopping functionality isn’t perfect, but it’s bad by any stretch. Overall, a quality budget-friendly robot.