Levoit’s new Core P350 air purifier is designed to help deal with the particulates and odors that our pets leave behind. But how well does it work?
Find out with our full review below.
A Compact Purifier for Homes with Pets
Levoit Core p350The Levoit Core p350 is designed for purifying homes with pets. It has a max area coverage aroud 219 sf. and uses 3-stage HEPA filtration for optimal performance. There’s no Auto Mode on this model, but there are 3 manual speeds and a Sleep Mode for ultra-quiet operation. Check Price
- Air changes approx. 5 times per hours; treats rooms up to 219 sf.
- Easy to use and maintain
- Feels similar to the Core 300, but with a higher price tag
- No real-time air quality detection or readouts
- No “Auto Mode”
Levoit Core P350 Design
The Levoit Core P350 is a spinoff of the preceding Core 300 (see our review here), but designed specifically for homes with pets. This air purifier is relatively small with rounded edges and a matte, light gray body shell.
It has a 360° air intake at the bottom of the unit and the air output grill is at the top of the purifier.
All of the controls are at the top of the tower as touch-screen LEDs. This gives the purifier a simple and refined look that is easy to operate.
Furthermore, if you don’t like the glowing LEDs, you can turn them on or off as needed.
The Levoit P350 uses a similar filtration system like the Core 300. There are three main stages of the filtration process:
- Fine pre-filter: designed to capture larger particles like loose pet hair, pet dander, dust, or other small airborne debris
- HEPA filter: captures particles as small as 0.3 microns
- Activated carbon filter: for odors like smoke, food, or pets
The manufacturer recommends replacing the filter every 6-8 months. When it’s time to replace the filters, a filter indicator light on top will glow to let you know.
All of the controls on the Core P350 are at the top of the purifier in a circular layout. In the middle is the on / off button with various other features surrounding it.
The features include:
- Timer (2, 4, 6, 8 hours)
- Sleep mode
- Adjust fan speed (low, medium, high)
- Display lock
- Filter reset
- Display off
- Filter reset notification
This Levoit has four main modes of operation. There’s no Auto Mode in this list so as your air quality changes, you’ll need to manually adjust the fan speed to accommodate the space.
Here’s a rundown of the purification modes on the Core P350:
- Sleep Mode: operates at the quietest dB level and dims the lights while you sleep
- 1 Speed: low fan speed
- 2 Speed: medium fan speed
- 3 Speed: high fan speed
Size & Dimensions
The Levoit Core P350 is a mid-sized air purifier. In the Levoit product family, it is smaller than the Levoit LV-H133 (which treats up to 538 sf) and it is larger than the Vista 200 (which treats up to 161 sf).
The size is identical to the Core 300 purifier and with the same area coverage (slightly over 200 sf.)
This mid-size Levoit hits that sweet spot between a small tabletop, personal purifier, and a larger floor-based purifier. You can use the P350 in either application due to its versatile size.
Here’s the exact size of the P350:
- Width: 8.7″ diameter
- Height: 14.2″ tall
- Weight: 7.5 lbs.
Accessories & Parts
When it comes to parts and accessories, the P350 comes with just the basics. The assembly breaks down as:
- 3-stage filter
This purifier only comes with one filter, but additional filters can be purchased here.
What’s in the box?
- Levoit Core P350 air purifier
- True HEPA 3-stage filter
- User manual / quick start guide
The overall performance of the Levoit Core P350 was pretty impressive. This purifier is compact, efficient, and did great job of purifying the air.
To test the performance of the Core P350 we set it up in a medium-sized room (approximately 12×12′). We used the Temtop LKC-1000S+ professional air quality detector to get a baseline reading for the existing air quality.
From there, we let the purifier run for an hour and then re-ran measurements.
The difference between the baseline and post-run data gives a solid picture of how well the air purifier was able to improve indoor air quality.
Good vs. Bad Air Quality
How do we evaluate indoor air quality?
We use the air quality index listed below to determine the quality of the air. The index (AQI) combined with PM index (number of particulate matter) paints a full picture of how well the purifier treats the air.
What were the results?
- PM2.5: 13.6
- PM10: 21.8
- Particles: 1039
- AQI: 53
After 1 Hour
- PM2.5: 0.9
- PM10: 1.3
- Particles: 69
- AQI: 0
Within 1 hour the Levoit Core P350 removed 94% of air particulates from the medium-sized room we tested in.
Levoit improved PM2.5 air quality by 94%. The Core P350 did an excellent job at reducing floating particulates from our test room.
How loud is the Levoit?
According to the manufacturer, it ranges in intensity from 24-50 dB. The 50 dB is documented at high speed while the 24 dB is documented on sleep mode.
For comparison, breathing is rated around 10 dB and a library would be around 40 db.
Setup & Usability
Setup on the P350 is easy and quick to get started. After receiving your air purifier, follow the steps below:
- Unbox the purifier and remove all excess packaging.
- To remove the shell from the base, twist it counterclockwise.
- Remove the plastic bag of the filter before running the air purifier.
- Twist the shell to lock it back in place.
To start purifying the air, press the “on” button in the middle of the purifier. Press the fan buttons above the power button to adjust fan speeds.
- Speed 1 is good for small rooms or when you want quiet purification.
- Speed 2 is a nice middle ground of purification and noise output.
- Speed 3 is definitely the loudest to run, but it can purifier the air quicker than the quieter speeds.
Remember, the P350 doesn’t have an Auto Mode so you’ll need to manually adjust the fan speed based on current conditions, and adjust as needed.
That said, for most homes you can simply put it at the medium setting and then forget it. If you have a larger home or more particulates, leave it on high all the time.
Maintencne is an important part of keeping your air purifier running at peak performance. One of the top reasons why air purifiers fail is poor airflow. Proper maintenance helps to address this issue before it becomes a big problem.
For maximum airflow on the P350, you’ll want to do two quick tasks.
- Wipe down the air intake and outlet grills with a dry, lint-free cloth.
- Replace the filters as needed, or every 6-8 months as recommended by the manufacturer
Wondering if its time to replace? The P350 model has a filter notification alert on the top of the purifier. When it’s time to replace it, the light will illuminate.
Is the Levoit Core P350 a good value?
Overall, I would say the value of the Levoit Core P350 is pretty good. It’s not a terribly large unit, but it was able to effectively clean the air in a small to medium size room.
If you need air purification and don’t need a huge about of area coverage (or you’re ok with moving the purifier around periodically), the P350 could certainly fit the bill.
To that end though, an even better value would be the Core 300, in my opinion. It is incredibly similar to the P350 and has a lower sticker price.
Core P350 vs. Core 300
- Max Coverage: 219 sf.
- Filter: 3-Stage HEPA
- CADR Rating 145 CFM
- Auto Mode: No
- Wifi Compatible: No
- Max Coverage: 215 sf.
- Filter: 3-Stage HEPA
- CADR Rating 135 CFM
- Auto Mode: No
- Wifi Compatible: No
It’s true the CADR rating for the P350 is 145 CFM whereas it is only 135 CFM on the Core 300, but the difference is minimal. The area coverage is less than 4 square feet apart (215 sf. with the 300 and 219 sf. with the P350).
As a final minute difference, there is also the Display Lock feature. On the Core 300, the icon is a padlock. On the Core P350, the icon is a pawprint.
FYI: If you opt for the Core 300 and want to make it more specific for pets, consider trying out the Pet + Allergy replacement filter.
|Area Coverage||Up to 219 sq. ft.|
|CADR Rating||145 CFM|
|Filters||3 filters (1 pre-filter, 1 HEPA, and 1 carbon)|
|Timer||Yes, 2/4/6/8 Hour|
|Returns||Varies by retailer|
Should you buy the Levoit Core P350?
Alright, so all things considered, is this Levoit the one for you? I would recommend the P350 if you’re looking for the following in an air purifier.
- Compact size: This Levoit is a solid option if your space is small (under 230 sf.) and you don’t want a bulky, loud air purifier taking up lots of floor space. It’s small enough to be discreetly placed on the floor or even to sit on a tabletop.
- Designed for pets: For homes with pets, the P350 has a few special features designed with furry friends in mind. It uses a specialty filter for pets and has a slightly higher CADR rating than the Core 300 model.
- Value + performance: The P350 hits that sweet spot between value, price, and performance. It’s not too expensive yet yields great results when purifying small spaces.
HEPA Pet Air Purifier
Design - 94%
Performance - 97%
Quality - 94%
Usability - 95%
Value - 96%
The Levoit Core P350 is a mid-sized air purifier capable of purifying up to 219 square feet. It uses a HEPA filter, has 3 fan speeds, and is designed to better deal with pets smells and particulates. During our tests it performed well, reducing particulates by 94% and achieving an AQI of 0 within 1 hour. It’s budget friendly and has a compact design, making it a good choice for many homes.