A Simple, Easy to Use, Air Purifier
Okaysou Air PurifierOkaysou’s air purifier is a basic purifier that is designed to treat air in rooms up to 288 sf. With three fan speeds and a 3-interval timer, you can manually select the settings that are right for your space. When we put it to the test, the Okaysouu did a good job of improving the overall indoor air quality and reduced the overall number of particulate by 69%. It was able to reduce PM2.5 to 0.8.Check Price
- Treats up to 288 sf. (good for small to medium-sized rooms)
- Optional filters (for pets, germs, toxins, or odors)
- Not recommended for large rooms
- Didn’t purify the air quite as well as other more advanced models (got PM2.5 to 0.8)
The Okaysou air purifier is a medium-sized purifier. It has a white shell with rounded corners and black accents.
The top of the purifier has the intake and output air vents and all of the controls are located in the middle with touch technology.
Controls on top of the Okaysou include a central power button and 5 additional settings. There are also LED lights under the controls which illuminate a glowing blue hue.
This light is optional and can be dimmed or turned off.
The complete list of features and controls on the Okaysou purifier are listed below:
- Power On / Off
- Adjust fan speed (low, medium, high)
- Set a timer (2 hr, 4 hr, 8 hr)
- Sleep mode
- Dim display lights
- Check filter indicator
What is Sleep Mode?
Sleep mode on this purifier will run the fan at the lowest possible setting (approx. 24 dB) and automatically dim the lights.
This air purifier uses a 360° true HEPA filter, designed to capture up to 99.97% of allergens and particulate down to 0.3 microns.
Okaysou is unique in that there are 4 separate filters, each designed with different cleaning in mind.
NOTE: The model we tested comes with the standard filter and all performance tests were evaluated as a result of that filter.
Size & Dimensions
The Okaysou purifier is pretty compact. It’s footprint is similar to other units, but it’s less than 12″ tall, which makes it more low-profile.
Here are the dimensions:
- Width: 8.7″ wide
- Depth: 8.7″ deep
- Height: 11.9” tall
- Weight: 6.6 lbs.
RELATED – See our full list of air purifier tests here.
Accessories & Parts
Regarding parts and accessories, the Okaysou keeps it pretty basic. It comes with the shell, a purifier, and the base that you screw into the base to keep the filter in place.
What’s in the box?
- Okaysou air purifier
- HEPA Filter (Ultra-Duo H13)
- User manual
The purifier has decently good performance, when it comes to total purification. For our test we put the purifier in a closed room and run it for one hour.
By testing the air quality before and after the test we can easily see the exact level of impact that the purifier is having in the room.
We use a Temtop purifier monitor to determine: particulate count (PM2.5 and PM10) as well as total number of particles and air quality rating.
What were the results?
The results of the performance test were pretty good. There was considerable improvement in PM count and the number of overall particles in the room was reduced by 69%.
- PM2.5: 7.6
- PM10: 13.6
- Particles: 234
- AQI: 31
After 1 Hour
- PM2.5: 0.8
- PM10: 0.9
- Particles: 73
- AQI: 0
The air quality index score in the room went from a 31 all the way down to 0, which is a drastic improvement.
RELATED – What’s the best air purifier?
Setup & Usability
Setup on the Okaysou is pretty standard and straightforward, mainly due to the simple parts and assembly.
To get started,
- Unbox the purifier and remove all packaging.
- Install the filter and secure the bottom lid to the purifier (which holds the filter in place).
- Plug in the purifier and select your fan speed.
- If desired, set a timer, turn on sleep mode, or dim the lights.
This purifier will keep running at the fan speed selected until the timer expires or you manually turn the unit off.
Proper maintenance of the Okaysou purifier basically comes down to 2 things.
- Regularly wiping down the air vents with a dry, lint-free cloth.
- Replacing the filter as needed
Is the Okaysou a good value?
So all things considered, does the Okaysou provide a solid bang for your buck? In my opinion, I would say the value is pretty decent.
The price point is not incredibly high—in fact, it’s actually pretty fair considering the area coverage (up to 288 sf.)
It has nice features, like:
- Interchangeable filters
- Sleep mode
- Dimmable lights
- Adjustable fan speeds
- Filter status indicator
The main thing it’s lacking is auto air quality detection, which would allow this purifier to provide real-time data of current air quality. Purifiers with this features can automatically adjust fan speeds to match the current conditions.
If your room is on the smaller side and you don’t really need the Auto Mode, then the value of the Okaysou may be greater.
|Room Coverage||~288 sq. ft.|
|Returns||30 days via Amazon. Varies by retailer|
Should You Buy the Okaysou?
I would recommend the Okaysou if you’re looking for the following in an air purifier:
- Budget price: The Okaysou is one of the most affordable air purifier, designed for medium-sized rooms. If you need the coverage, but don’t want to spend too much cash, the Okaysou is a solid option.
- Don’t need incredible purifier: The purification power is good, but not amazing. Still good enough to get to 0.8 PM2.5. However, many other purifiers are able to achieve PM2.5 of 0.1-0.3 range. Granted, you’ll need to spend more money.
- Manual controls: With this purifier, it’s easy to adjust fan speeds, set a timer, or engage in a sleep mode. The controls are easy to use and located right on top of the purifier. For a simple, “no questions asked” type of purifier, the Okaysou fits the bill.
- Don’t need an auto mode: One feature the Okaysou lacks is the ability to automatically detect indoor air quality in real time. If you don’t need this feature and like the lower cost, this model could be right for you.
Budget Friendly, Okay Performance
- Design - 92%92%
- Performance - 91%91%
- Quality - 93%93%
- Usability - 94%94%
- Value - 94%94%
The Okaysou is a good, basic air purifier with moderate coverage. It can exchange air in a room up to 288 sf (up to 3 times / hour). There are three fan speeds, a 3-interval timer, sleep mode, and dimmable lights. There is no wifi-connectivity or Auto Mode, but if you’re just looking for a simple air purifier to get the job done, the Okaysou may still check all the boxes for you.