A Budget Cordless Stick Vacuum
Puppyoo A9 cordless stickThe Puppyoo A9 cordless stick vacuum had mediocre cleaning performnce, but is lightweight, has basic features, and comes in at a very affordable price. If you don’t have an exceptionally dirty space, it may be sufficient for you. Check Price
- Good cleaning performance on hardwoods (excluding large cereal debris)
- Easily converts between cordless stick and portable handheld
- Long 45-minute run time with a full charge
- Not great suction power, yielding mediocre cleaning performance overall
- Design details and build quality were underwhelming
Puppyoo A9 Design
The Puppyoo cordless stick vacuum is designed to run as a handheld or cordless stick vacuum.
It has a silver body with bold orange accents for details like buttons, pivot points, or just additional detail on the handle.
2-in-1 (Stick & Handheld)
The Puppyoo A9 quickly and easily converts between a stick vacuum and a handheld vacuum.
To use as a handheld, simply detach the wand and attach the combination cleaning tool.
The Cleaning Head
The cleaning head is slim and low to the ground. This design looks modern and keeps the vacuum lightweight, but does make it difficult to clean larger debris types from the floor using the cleaning head alone.
There are also three LED lights at the front of the cleaning head for improved visibility when cleaning tight spaces.
The Puppyoo is designed to travel easily for cleaning between floors or cleaning on-the-go. With a full charge, it has a 45-minute run time and comes with a replaceable, rechargeable battery.
The cordless design also allows this vacuum to operate as a portable handheld, which is nice for smaller cleaning jobs.
Size & Dimensions
The Puppyoo A9 cordless stick vacuum is relatively small for a stick vacuum. The exact specs are listed below:
- Height: 43″
- Width: 9.7″
- Weight: 3.28 pounds
Accessories & Parts
The Puppyoo A9 comes with a simple set of accessories, which includes:
- Cleaning tool
- Combination tool (crevice & dusting brush)
- Cleaning head (not shown below)
Overall, I would say that the included accessories are good, but not great. It only comes with one attachment head (the combination tool) and even that tool is a little boxy and awkward to use at time.
If you want a vacuum with a ton of accessories see our Dyson V-Series vacuum reviews here.
I can’t sugar coat this, the cleaning performance of the Puppyoo A9 was not great.
It was virtually ineffective at cleaning any large debris from hardwoods and instead just slid them around. On the opposite end of the spectrum, fine debris was a big problem when cleaning both high and low pile carpets.
The one area where it did manage to score 100% across all flooring types was when cleaning rice– a medium-sized, medium-density debris type.
Hardwood cleaning was pretty good for rice and sugar, with less impressive results concerning the cereal debris. It also left a noticeable amount of kitty litter in its path after cleaning.
Low Carpet Cleaning
The low carpet results were different from hardwoods, but still not great. In cleaning low carpet, the Puppyoo A9 was able to capture a substantially more cereal than on the hardwoods.
In addition, kitty litter and rice cleanup was excellent. Fine debris, like sugar, proved to be a struggle for this vacuum, where it was only able to clean up about 75% of the debris dropped during our test.
High Carpet Cleaning
The results for high carpet were similar to low carpet– good cleaning performance of large debris, poor cleaning performance of small debris.
Setup & Usability
The Puppyoo A9 is easy to setup and start using.
- Unbox from original packaging.
- Charge the battery, if needed.
- Get cleaning.
You can attach the general floor cleaning head to use this vacuum as an upright stick or pop in the combination tool (without the wand) to use this vacuum as a handheld model.
As an offshoot to usability, let’s talk about maneuverability for a minute.
Because the Puppyoo is designed as a 2-in-1, it does get some points for maneuverability from a flexible standpoint. It can easily lay down to a nearly flat position, without lifting the cleaning head up off the floor.
In addition, the A9 can squeeze under furniture pretty easily because of the shallow depth of the floor cleaning head.
RELATED – Best Roomba Alternatives
The maintenance on the Puppyoo A9 is typical for a vacuum of this type. The list below includes most maintenance tasks you’d need to consider for this cordless stick vacuum:
- Empty the dust bin: Emptying the dust bin after each use helps the A9 to run smoother and prevent debris build-up.
- Wash the filter: The HEPA filter is washable, which does help to keep maintenance costs lower. Wash in cold water and make sure all parts are completely dry before reinstalling (usually good to allow 24 hours).
- Replace / recharge the battery as needed: The battery will last about 45 minute with a full charge. While Puppyoo doesn’t explicitly disclose the lifespan of their battery.
Is the Puppyoo a good value?
So considering design, specs, usability, performance, and more… is the Puppyoo A9 a good value? Honestly, I would call this one okay at best.
If the Puppyoo reasonably priced? Absolutely. But I have to admit, I wasn’t impressed with the cleaning performance and the overall this vacuum feels cheaply made.
If the Puppyoo falls at the absolute top of your price range and you are dead-set on a cordless vacuum, it could be an ok option.
But for just a little more cash, I think there are better options that would actually be considered better values just based on performance and design quality alone.
Puppyoo A9 Specifications
|Floor Type||All (indoor)|
|Dust Bin Capacity||500 mL|
|Run Time||45 mins|
|Charge Time||2.5-3 hours|
|Returns||Varies by retailer|
Who Should Buy the Puppyoo A9 Vacuum?
I would recommend the Puppyoo A9 cordless vacuum if you’re looking for the following:
- Want an inexpensive cordless vacuum: The Puppyoo is certainly not perfect, but if the bottom dollar is your top priority, the A9 could still be worth considering based on cost alone.
- Want good cleaning performance on hardwoods: If you’re mainly cleaning hardwoods, the Puppyoo could be a good option. Although it was unable to capture large debris (cereal) during our tests, it did do a good job with the other debris types. And with the handheld nozzle attachment, you could still suck up cereal using that attachment.
Want more information on the Puppyoo? Click here to check it out here.
Low Price, Okay Performance
Design - 85%
Performance - 74%
Quality - 85%
Usability - 92%
Value - 80%
The Puppyoo A9 cordless stick vacuum is a low-priced option if you’re looking for a basic 2-in-1 cordless stick vacuum. It comes with the basics and that’s about it. Cleaning performance was okay at best, but leaves much to be desired. If you’re only going to use it for hard surfaces and you have a tight budget it could be a reasonable option, but we wouldn’t recommend it for much else.