Low to Mid-Range Price; Solid Value for 2-in-1
Roborock Xiaowa E25 RobotThe Roborock E25 is a 2-in-1 robot vacuum and mop. It has advanced navigation features, a long run time, and wifi connectivity that allows you to control it from your phone or your voice. For an advanced robot that doesn’t break the bank, the E25 is a good option. Check Price
- 100-minute run with Recharge & Resume feature for added cleaning time
- Advanced straighter navigation and digital smart mapping
- Can be controlled from the vacuum, an app, or voice control with Amazon Alexa (or similar)
- No boundary markers, which can come in handy for larger floor plans
- No zoned cleaning
- Struggled with cleaning fine debris, like sugar
Note On Models & Names
First things first, the naming convention behind Roborock robot vacuums can be a little tricky. To help explain the differences, be sure to check out our full Roborock reviews and comparisons here for additional information.
In the case of the Roborock E2, there are two main sub-models that fall into this series and the different names are basically just for the different colors.
- Roborock E20 = WHITE version of Roborock E2 robot vacuum
- Roborock E25 = BLACK version of Roborock E2 robot vacuum
Roborock E25 Design
The design of the E25 is simple and basic, in my opinion. In true Roborock fashion, there are minimal buttons on the top of the robot and instead many features are accessible using the smartphone-based app.
Which controls are on top of the robot?
The top of the Roborock E25 vacuum has three buttons:
- Power on / off (this button also stops / starts a cleaning cycle)
- Send back to charger
- Spot clean
From the app, you can access additional controls, including:
- Scheduling a cleaning
- Viewing cleaning maps
- Changing cleaning mode
- Monitoring performance
What’s on the underside of the E25 robot vacuum?
The Roborock E25 has a familiar look on the underside to many other robot vacuums on the market. It has a bristle-style spiral brushroll that agitates and captures dirt, debris, and pet hair as it cleans.
There is also a spinning brush on the side that helps to pull debris from edges and corners and gently sweep them into the central cleaning path.
Additional features under the hood includes:
- Large wheels: helps to traverse different flooring types up to 2mm in depth
- Small wheel: helps to drive and steer from the front of the vacuum
- Contact sensors: tells the Roborock when it has correctly docked into charging base between cleaning cycles
- Edge sensors: located around the front half of the robot and helps to tell when there is a drop hazard, like stairs, cliffs, or other lofted spaces
The Roborock E25 robot vacuum has six programmed cleaning modes, including:
- Carpet mode: Carpet mode is used for cleaning carpeted floors and uses a stronger suction to agitate and suck up debris from deep within carpet fibers. This mode would also be suitable for area rugs as well.
- Quite mode: In Quiet mode, the E25 will run at a lower suction level and emit less noise than when operating at higher suction levels. This is a good mode for vacuuming low traffic areas or hard surface flooring.
- Mopping mode: Mopping mode is designed for wet mopping hard surface flooring, where it uses an on-board reservoir to supply water for cleaning.
- Balanced mode: In balanced mode, the E25 uses a reduced level of suction. You can run this mode in conjunction with other modes, like Carpet mode, if you only want higher suction when cleaning carpets.
- Turbo mode: As it sounds, Turbo mode cleans at a faster rate than other modes.
- Max mode: Lastly, Max mode cleans at the highest suction power for high traffic areas, dense carpets, or just maximum ‘boost’ performance.
Size & Dimensions
The Roborock E25 is an average-sized robot vacuum in both width and height. It’s an average weight and would be considered low enough to squeeze under most furniture.
See exact specs below:
- Diameter: 13.8″
- Height: 3.6″
- Weight: 7 pounds
Accessories & Parts
The Roborock E25 comes with a basic selection of accessories and parts.
What’s in the box?
Here is a complete list of parts and accessories induced with the Roborock E25 robot vacuum:
- Cleaning tool: a small bristle brush that helps make it easier to clean small crevices of the Roborock E25 vacuum (shown above). Also includes a letter cutter style knife for removing hair or other tangled debris.
- Mopping reservoir: a thin tank for water to use when mopping (shown above)
- Water tank filter: helps to capture any dirt or debris that the mopping pad may miss during a mopping cycle (shown above)
- Mopping pad: these pads velco onto the bottom of the vacuum and helps to scrub the floor while it’s mopping. Roborock E25 includes 2 reusable mopping pads (shown above)
RELATED: Want more mopping options? Check out our full Roborock S6 review which includes 2 reusable mopping clothes and 10 disposable mopping cloths.
- Charging station: a central hub for juicing up in between cleaning cycles (see below)
- Moisture-proof mat: helps to protect your floors from any leaks when the robot is at the charging station, with the on-board reservoir filled
- Spiral brushroll: the central brushroll uses spiral bristles to agitate and collect debris as it navigates the space
- Dust bin: a decent-sized dust bin for capturing dry debris during cleaning cycles
- HEPA filter: a small filters that helps to capture fine particulate as it cleans
- Spinning brush: located on the edge of the robot and helps to collect debris from edges and corners and sweeps it into the central cleaning path
Roborock E25 Comparisons
|Models||Roborock S6||Roborock S5||Roborock S4||Roborock E35||Roborock E25||Roborock C10|
|Colors||White, black, rose gold||White, black, rose gold||White, black, rose gold||White, black||White, black||White|
|Navigation||Laser / Smart Mapping||Laser / Smart Mapping||Laser / Smart Mapping||Sensors / Smart Mapping||Sensors / Smart Mapping||Bump & continue|
|Battery||5,200 mAh||5,200 mAh||5,200 mAh||5,200 mAh||2,600 mAh||Unknown|
|Cleans||2,700 sq. ft.||200+ m²||2,700 sq. ft.||150-200 m²||120-150 m²||Unknown|
|Dust Bin||480 ml||480 ml||480 ml||640 ml||640 ml||640 ml|
|Suction||Unknown||2,000 Pa||Unknown||2,000 Pa||1,800 Pa||1,600 Pa|
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
Roborock Xiaowa E25 vs. Xiaowa Lite C10
As advancements over the Xiaowa Lite, the E25 includes digital mapping and has slightly stronger suction (1800 mAh on the E52 and only 1600 for the C10).
It also has a more advanced navigational system that allows it to drive in straighter lines compared to the Roborock C10.
The E25 also has the ability to mop and vacuum at the same time and offers Recharge & Resume capabilities.
Roborock E25 vs. Roborock S5 vs. S6
Comparing the Roborock E25 to the S5 or S6 is a bit more of a jump.
The S5 and S6 have a stronger battery (2000 mAh on the S5 and S6 and only 1800 mAh on the E25).
Additionally, the S5 and S6 have a 150-minute run time where as the E25 has a 100-minute maximum run time.
The E25 does have a larger dust bin capacity (640 mL on the E25 vs. 480 mL max on the S5 and S6).
The E25 lacks fancier features like Zoned Cleaning or Virtual Boundaries, which the S5 and S6 include, but the lack of features does put the E25 at a lower price which could mean substantial savings depending on your budget.
Roborock E25 Features
- 2-in-1 vacuum / mopping
- Large dust bin
- App control
- Smart navigation & mapping
2-in-1 Vacuum & Mopping
The Roborock Xiaowa E25 has the ability to vacuum and mop at the same time, utilizing an on-board dry dust bin as well as an on-board water reservoir and attached mopping cloth.
Performance wise, the vacuum was good and the mopping was a nice addition.
While I didn’t feel that the Roborock E25 completely replaced the need for a primary mop, it did a good job and is perfect for light cleaning.
Large Dust Bin
The Roborock Xiaowa E25 is wifi-compatible and can be controlled using the Roborock Mi Home app on your smartphone.
From the app, you can:
- Start / stop a cleaning
- Change cleaning mode
- Send the robot back to the charging base
- View digital map
- Draw “No Go Lines” for custom boundary cleaning
- Establish zones or send the robot to a particular spot
Smart Navigation & Mapping
- Digital map reports: generates digital floor plans of your space and easily shows where the E25 has been
- Inertial navigation: basically a fancy word to say that the E25 is able to navigate in straighter, more logical paths than the traditional zigzag patterns of older or more basic
Recharge & Resume
Despite other areas of the E25 which may seem quite basic, it does include the ability to Recharge & Resume.
This feature does exactly what it sounds like and allows the E25 to pause in the middle of a cleaning cycle, drive to the charging station and juice up, and then return to the last spot it cleaned to finish the work.
This feature allows for an overall longer cleaning run time, which is a good feature considering the Roborock E25 maxes out at about 100-minute run time per each charge.
The following tests are performed in the Modern Castle lab as well as some tests on the high-traffic floors of my personal home.
We test on three different floor types, including:
- Hardwood floors
- Low pile carpet
- High pile carpet
We also did mopping tests on hardwoods in the lab as well as throughout hardwoods and tile in my home.
For each floor type we test the vacuum cleaner against:
- Rice – 0.5 ounces
- Dry Cereal – 0.5 ounce
- Kitty Litter – 0.5 ounces
- Sugar – 0.5 ounces
Each of the aforementioned debris types was spread across our testing lane. The base surface of our testing lane is an engineered hardwood floor. For our carpet tests, we slide in a low pile and high pile carpet insert on top of the hardwood floor.
Our vacuum cleaning process strives to be as consistent, fair, and true to real world use as possible. Our tests utilize the following procedure:
- Measure the weight of the testing debris
- Spread the respective debris type evenly across the central portion of the testing lane.
- Run the vacuum cleaner over the testing lane.
- Measure the weight of the debris that the vacuum removed from the lane.
Hardwood Floor Cleaning
When cleaning hardwoods, the Roborock Xiaowa E25 did an excellent job, removing essentially 100% of all debris that was tested.
Low Pile Carpet Cleaning
When tested on low pile carpet, the results were still pretty good. It did an excellent job of cleaning up the larger debris like rice and cereal and was able to clean the smaller debris from the surface, like kitty litter and sugar.
It struggled a bit collecting all of the small debris after it had sank into the carpet fibers. This was especially true for the sugar debris.
The E25 cleaned 84% of debris overall from the low pile carpet.
High Pile Carpet Cleaning
On high carpet, the results were pretty consistent with the results from the low carpet. Overall good performance, but struggled with fine debris (mainly sugar).
The E25 only cleaned 82% of debris overall from the high pile carpet.
Mopping Cleaning Performance
To analyze the mopping performance, we basically just set the Roborock E25 loose in my actual home to see what all it could pick up.
For reference, I wouldn’t call my home excessively dirty, but I live in Phoenix, AZ where there is a high amount of dust.
That being said, I was still impressed with the overall amount of debris that the E25 was able to collect.
Usability & Maneuverability
The usability and maneuverability of the Roborock Xiaowa E25 was simple and intuitive. The controls on the top of the vacuum were easy to understand and the additional functions available from the smartphone app were simple once we set it up with the wifi network.
How long does it take to connect the app?
During our setup, getting connected to the app only took a few minutes. There are a series of prompts that the app takes you through that made it a pretty painless process.
As for how the robot actually navigates, I would say the maneuverability was good.
Overall, it’s a decent size, but not too large so that it struggled with navigating.
- Weight: 7 pounds
- Width: 13.8″
- Height: 3.6″
- Turning: 360°
The Roborock E25 can make tight turns, squeeze under furniture and navigates in straight paths.
The cliff detect sensors keep the E25 from driving off edges or drops (like stairs) and the on-board sensors allow the vacuum to slow down before gently bumping into obstacles.
Roborock E25 Maintenance
- Regularly empty the dust bin: Empty dry debris into the trash after every use.
- Wash out and refill the water tank reservoir: Pour out any leftover water from the reservoir and refill it with fresh mopping water.
- Wash dust bin and HEPA filter: Allow to dry for 24 hours before using again.
- Replace HEPA filters (as needed)
- Change water tank filter (as needed): The manufacturer recommends to replace it every 1-3 months.
- Replace battery (as needed): The manufacturer doesn’t provide an estimate for battery lifespan. Most robot vacuum batteries last 2-3 years.
Is the Roborock E25 a good value?
Value is assessed by comparing all of the features and performance with the bottom dollar. And in the case of the E25, I would say that yes, it is a good value.
Overall, this robot vacuum falls in the low to mid-range price tier but the advanced navigation and digital mapping make this robot feel like a techy step up.
If you don’t need Zone Cleaning or Boundary Markers, the E25 will likely check most other boxes on your list.
Roborock E2 / E20 / E25 Specifications
|Floor Type||All (indoor)|
|Dust Bin Capacity||640 mL|
|Water Tank Capacity (for mopping)||140 mL|
|Run Time||100 mins|
|Recharge & Resume||Yes|
|Returns||30 days via Amazon. Varies by retailer|
Should you buy the Roborock E25?
The Roborock Xiaowa E25 robot vacuum is a solid low to mid-tier range robot vacuum. If you’re looking for a step above a basic model, the E25 could be a good choice for you.
The Roborock E25 is best:
- If you want a good value: The E25 is an impressive robot vacuum if you’re looking for the best bang for your buck. It includes advanced features like long run time, smart navigation, digital mapping, app control, and voice control for a “techy” feel without breaking the bank.
- If you want a vacuum and a mop: The Roborock E25 is unique in that it operates as a vacuum and a mop and includes on-board bins / reservoirs for both functions.
- If you want good navigation: This model has the ability to navigate in straighter lines, slow down before bumping into obstacles, and create a digital map of your space. The Recharge & Resume feature is another handy bonus that allows for longer run time if you’ve got an exceptionally large or complicated floor plan.
For more information on the Roborock E25 robot vacuum, visit Amazon.com.
Budget Robot, But Solid Performance
- Design - 95%95%
- Performance - 89%89%
- Quality - 94%94%
- Usability - 93%93%
- Value - 95%95%
The Roborock E25 is a 2-in-1 robot vacuum and mop with excellent cleaning performance on hardwoods and many advanced usability features. It can be controlled from your smartphone, tablet, or via voice control. Using the app you can scheduled cleanings, see digital cleaning reports and more. Overall, if you’re looking for some cool features, but don’t want to break the bank, the Roborock E25 is a solid option.