For the ultimate convenience, you may want to consider a combination cleaner that can mop and vacuum. Today’s review is looking at the Shark VacMop Pro— a multi-purpose cleaner designed to do both jobs.
Can a mop really be a vacuum? Can a vacuum be a damp mop? We’re about to find out. Let’s go!
A Solid Choice for Small Messes
Shark VacMop ProThe Shark VacMop Pro is a 2-in-1 cleaner that can vacuum and mop with just a push of a button. It has wireless power and a lightweight body style for convenience. All debris is stored in the mopping pad so emptying the “dust bin” as is simple as removing and replacing the mopping pad. Check Price
- Vacuums and cleans in one pass
- Disposable pad captures dry and wet messes with no dust bin to empty
- Spray feature lets you apply more moisture when needed
- Lacks a traditional dust bin like other vacuums
- Only designed for hard surface flooring
- Large debris must pass through the narrow opening in the middle of the vac to be captured
The Shark VacMop is a 2-in-1 vacuum and spray mop designed for hard surface flooring. It vacuums and mops in one pass and has a disposable pad that collects the mess with no traditional dust bin to empty.
Unlike other 2-in-1’s (ie: Bissell Crosswave), the Shark VacMop Pro doe snot have a brushroll, making it more like a mop than a traditional vacuum in my opinion.
There is an onboard tank that can hold up to 12 oz of cleaning solution (or 0.3 L). You can either buy a solution directly from Shark or use a third-party pre-mixed cleaner.
There is a small spray nozzle on the front of the mop that wets a small area directly in front of vacuum so that it can mop.
A trigger button on the top of the VacMop releases a spray of cleaning solution. Use as much or as little as is needed for each mess.
Dirty water is not deposited back into a dirty tank, but is instead absorbed into the mopping pad. If you are using the sprayer a lot or cleaning large wet messes, you may find that you need to replace the mopping pad more often.
The pad has a limit to how much moisture it can store before it will begin to leak.
The VacMop is wireless makes it easy to move wire-free around your home, cleaning. When you’re done, simply use the magnetic charger provided to give the mop a good charge before using it again.
According to Shark:
The runtime for this unit is on average 11- 12 minutes, runtime may decrease depending on usage of suction and spray trigger or if the pad is saturated.Shark Customer Support
For a small mess, this run time would likely be sufficient, but for large scale vacuuming and / or mopping, the run time is incredibly short. I’m not sure the added convenience of wireless power is enough of a benefit to offset the disadvantage of the short run time.
How Shark Vacmop Cleans
As mentioned above, the VacMop Pro is a 2-in-1 cleaner. It can vacuum and wet mop, but here’s what you need to know.
- The on-board dustbin is integrated into the disposable mopping pad and capacity is very small.
- It lacks a traditional brushroll so cleaning performance relies on suction alone.
- Large debris MUST pass through the large debris portal, the rest of the cleaning path has limited height clearance.
- The cleaning tank can hold up to 12 oz of cleaning solution.
- There is no dirty tank. All dirty water must be absorbed by the mopping pad.
- The mopping pad is disposable and releases from the vac with one click.
How big is the Shark VacMop?
The Shark VacMop Pro is standard size, compared to other 2-in-1 cordless, upright vacuum mops.
It is 47.87″ tall, 9.5″ wide, and 5.3″ deep. It’s very compact and lightweight, making it a solid choice for small mess cleanup.
- Length – 47.87″
- Width – 9.5″
- Cleaning head Depth– 5.3″
- Weight – 6.14 pounds
What’s in the box?
This multi-purpose tool comes with everything you need for quick pikcups of dry, damp, sticky, or muddy messes.
Exact contents of the package includes:
- Shark VACMOP
- Disposable mopping pads (x2)
- Shark Multi-Surface Hard Floor Cleaner (12 oz bottle)
Click here to check the price for replacement mopping pads. I will add that the 2 included mopping pads really won’t get you far in terms of cleaning since these pads are intended for single-use.
Each of these cleaning solutions offers a different scent. Therefore, users have even more variety when choosing which smell they would like to enjoy while cleaning the floors.
While we haven’t been able to put the Shark VacMop Pro through our standard Modern Castle testing ring yet, there are a few assumptions we can make about the cleaning performance based on the mop’s design.
It may struggle with large debris messes or big spills. Since there is not a huge on-board dust bin, this cleaner will likely fill easily and may not be able to capture big messes.
It may struggle with vacuuming certain messes. There is no brushroll on the underside of the VacMop Pro and large debris can only be collected from one small section on the front of the vacuum. These two factors alone could make it difficult for some messes.
It should excel with fine debris or small liquid spills. This vacuum / mop combo is designed for quick pickups and fine debris messes. The vac can swap back and forth between mopping and vacuuming, nearly simultaneously.
Is the VacMop Easy to Use?
What this vacuum may lack in performance, it does tend to make for in usability. Points for usability include:
- Wireless power: limited 12-minute run time, but it does enable you to clean without being tied to a power outlet
- Magnetic charger: makes it easy to charge up when you’re done with a cleaning cycle
- One-touch pad disposal: no need to touch the mess when you’re done cleaning; press one button to release the pad into the trash
Is the VacMop a good value?
Overall, I would say yes. It’s lightweight, wireless, and a 2-in-1, but it is also dependent on what you plan to use this clear for.
Value as a Vacuum
I would probably call this cleaner a “sweeper” more than a vacuum since it doesn’t have a huge amount of suction or a brushroll. It does better with fine debris, although it can collect larger debris as well (as long as it passes through the larger opening in front of the cleaning head.)
In addition, this is only designed for hard surface flooring.
Value as a Mop
As a mop, I think the Shark VacMop is a better value. It has a spray feature that makes it easier to release more cleaning solution for tough messes.
It has a large cleaning tank that holds up to 12 oz of liquid and an absorbent mopping pad that holds in liquid and any dry messes along the way.
When it’s time to replace the pad, simply click a button and the pad falls into the trash can. This feature alone gets points for convenience, but the added cost of having to buy replacement pads all the time does slightly hurt the bottom dollar.
Shark VacMop Specifications
Below is a complete list of important specifications and features included on the Shark VacMop Pro:
|Floor Type||All (indoor)|
|Dust Bin Capacity||NA|
|Returns||Varies by retailer|
|Check Price||Check Price|
Who Should Buy the VacMop Pro?
Alright, so you’ve made it to the end… still not sure if the Shark VacMop Pro is right for you?
I would recommend the Shark VacMop Pro if you’re looking for the following features in a wet dry vacuum:
- Big convenience – This 2-in-1 offers a convenient cleaning solution with wireless power and one-touch mopping pad disposal.
- Good for small messes – The VacMop really excels with small messes and quick cleanups. It has a limited run time (12 min max) and a small capacity for both dry and wet messes.
- June 25, 2020 – Initial version of the page published. Initial review was a “pre-test”. These review types are done before we’ve personally tested the product. We based our assumptions, scores, and opinions on manufacturer’s specs, 3rd party reviews, similar product tests we’ve done, and other information.
Convenient, But Not Super Powerful
Design - 93%
Performance - 92%
Quality - 93%
Usability - 94%
Value - 93%
The Shark Vacmop pro is a 2-in-1 spray mop that also doubles as a vacuum. The cordless design is incredibly convenient, but it’s only able to run for 11-12 minutes at a time. As a result, the clean ability is fairly limited. Water and dry vacuum debris are held within a cleaning pad, which can be discarded or washed (if you opt for the washable cleaning pads). The Shark Vacmop Pro is ideal if you only have 1-2 rooms to clean. If your space is larger than that the limited run time will probably make this vacuum a less than great fit.