The TOSOT air purifier is a good-sized air purifier with an Auto Mode, 3 fan speeds, and the ability to purify a lot of air in a short amount of time. But coming from a less familiars brand, is TOSOT a name you can trust?
Follow along as we check out all the details on this value air purifier.
Value Priced for Large Spaces
TOSOT Air PurifierThis 3-stage air purifier is designed to clean the air in medium to large spaces. It’s got a bigger footprint, but also the power to perform 4.8 air changes in an hour (up to 310 sf). In our performance tests, it improves the overall air quality by 96% and comes with an Auto Mode that detects and responds to real time air quality conditions. In our tests in reduced both PM2.5 and PM10 to 0.2 PPM.Check Price
- Cleans rooms up to 450 sf.
- Real-time air quality displayed with LED indicators
- UV-C light is used to kill airborne bacteria
- Performed excellent in our tests, reducing PM2.5 to 0.2
- More expensive price point
- Larger form factor (10 x 12 x 22.8″)
The TOSOT air purifier has a modern aesthetic and simple design. It has a composite, matte black shell with perforations on the front for air intake.
Clean air flows out the top of the purifier and forces it throughout the room.
This purifier is designed with flexibility in mind, no matter what your preference is in air purification.
If you just want to plug and go
There is an “Auto Mode” available which assesses real-time air quality and adjust settings as needed to accommodate changing conditions in the environment.
If you want flexibility for manual adjustments
There are simple touch screen controls that make it easy to adjust fan speed, set a timer, turn the UV-C light feature on or off
The controls for the TOSOT are all located on top of the unit. These controls are touch activated with LED lights when a feature is selected.
- Power: turns the purifier on or off
- Adjust fan speed: select from sleep mode, low, medium, or high
- Auto mode: evaluates the air quality and selects settings accordingly
- Timer: set a timer for 2, 4, or up to 8 hours
- Filter replacement: there is also a filtration replacement notification, which will alert you when it’s time to replace the filter
- UV-C Light: used to help eliminate airborne bacteria
In Sleep mode, you can dim the LED lights which could be a pro for light sleepers or children.
How does it clean the air?
The TOSOT purifier is not a small unit and it does a great job of cleaning the air. The filter is a good size and it uses a 3-stage filtration system to get the job done.
- Pre-Filter: The pre-filter removes larger particles like dust hair or other fibers from the air.
- Carbon / HEPA Filter: This filter includes Carbon and HEPA filtration so even though it’s a single filter, it can do the job of both. The HEPA helps reduce small particulate and the carbon works to eliminate foul odors or smoke.
- UV-C Light Filter: UV-C light can kill bacteria and viruses, creating a cleaner and healthier environment.
The Auto Mode on the TOSOT purifier works in tangent with the air quality sensor on the back of the unit. As this purifier starts to detect deteriorating air quality, it can bump up up fan speed to react accordingly.
RELATED: Dyson Pure Cool air purifier review
How big is the TOSOT?
The TOSOT air purifier is a fairly large air purifier and takes up a bit of space. It is too large to sit comfortably on most tabletops or counters, but it works great sitting on the floor.
Exact dimensions of the TOSOT purifier are as follows:
- Width: 12.6″
- Depth: 10″
- Height: 22.8″
- Weight: 16.5 lbs
What’s in the box?
When you unbox the TOSOT air purifier, what all comes with it? This purifier basically comes with everything you need to get started.
- TOSOT air purifier
- HEPA filter
- Power cord
This purifier is easy to use and get going. In reality, it should only take a couple of minutes.
To set up the TOSOT air purifier for the first time:
- Unbox the unit.
- Remove all packaging.
- Make sure all filters are installed properly.
- Turn the unit on.
To get purifying, simply press the “A” button with the green leaf. This will start an “Auto Mode” that will use onboard sensors to detect indoor air quality in real-time and adjust the settings of the purifier in response.
RELATED: Best Air Purifiers for 2021
If you prefer a more hands-on approach, you may want to opt for the manual controls. The TOSOT has three fan speeds, a timer, as well as a sleep mode.
Keeping the TOSOT air purifier working well is about as easy as any other air purifier. The most important act of maintenance is the filters.
There is a filter indicator on the top of this purifier which lights up when it’s time for a new filter. This feature does tend to take the guesswork out of it and makes it easier to get the maximum life out of your filters, without sacrificing performance.
To really evaluate the TOSOT purifier we put it to the test in a closed room (~12×12′). We tested the air before running the TOSOT and an hour after.
The change in air quality is a good indicator of how you could expect the purifier to improve air quality in your own space as well.
What were the results?
- PM2.5: 4.6
- PM10: 7.5
- Particles: 294
- AQI: 19
After 1 Hour
- PM2.5: 0.2
- PM10: 0.2
- Particles: 29
- AQI: 0
After an hour, the TOSOT air purifier removed 91% of air particles from the medium-sized room we tested in. It was able to improve PM2.5 air quality by 96%.
Is the TOSOT a good value?
The overall value of the TOSOT evaluates all of the features, specs, design, and performance of this air purifier and compares it with the price.
Do you get what you pay for?
In my opinion, yes. This unit is priced in the median-range, but it also can tackle large rooms and really pumps a lot of air through the filters.
Top features include:
- Sleep mode
- Auto mode
- Real-time air quality detection
- Variable fan speeds
- 3-stage filtration
- Good area coverage (up to 450 sf)
MORE: Not sure TOSOT is for you? Click here to check out our other air purifier reviews.
|Width (inches)||13.7" x 11.5"|
|Area Coverage||~450 sq ft.|
|Returns||Varies by retailer|
Should You Buy the TOSOT?
Alright, so bottom line—is TOSOT the right air purifier for you? It’s sleek, simple to use, and has the power to purify even large spaces.
I would recommend the TOSOT air purifier if you’re looking for the following:
- Great performance: The TOSOT air purifier removed 91% of air particles from the medium-sized room we tested in, while also improving PM2.5 by 96%.
- Auto Mode: If you want an air purifier that intelligently changes modes as indoor air conditions change, the TOSOT is a good option.
- Want a solid value: If you’re wanting to purify large spaces (up to 450 sf.) and don’t want to spend too much, this air purifier may fit the bill nicely. It’s priced to be a good value with sacrificing performance or important features.
Larger Form Factor, Impressive Performance
The TOSOT KJ350G is a large HEPA air purifier that also utilizes a carbon filter to remove odors. In our tests it was extremely solid, reducing PM2.5 and PM10 to 0.2 and AQI to 0. It’s got a larger form factor and weighs 16.5 pounds, making it better suited to the floor, as opposed to a table or counter. Not cheap, but feels solidly built and includes an auto sensing feature. A great HEPA air purifier by any standard.