The Bottom Line
The AirKii handheld vacuum is one of the most impressive handheld vacuums we have tested to date. The price is low, the cleaning performance is exceptional, and the accessories included make this vacuum a more versatile handheld than most others. If you’re in need of a quick fix vacuum, but also want top notch cleaning performance, the AirKii is a fantastic choice.
- The AirKii handheld offers an exceptional cleaning performance, scoring a 97% on our tests.
- This vacuum has the ability to clean both wet and dry messes.
- Emptying the dustbin can be a bit of a pain with the AirKii
- Although it can clean up liquids, it does create a slight mess in the process.
Modern Castle is supported by readers. When you buy with our links, we may earn a commission. Learn more
Rather watch than read? No problem! We’ve got the full AIRKII video review here:
AirKii Handheld Vacuum Design
The AirKii handheld vacuum contains a simple design, much like a majority of handheld vacuums we have tested so far. There are no complicated pieces of the puzzle, just a well designed handheld vacuum.
Initial thoughts on the basics:
For starters, the AirKii has a small handle at the back of the unit, which also houses the power switch and dustbin release button. Both are also black, which help them blend into the vacuum’s color scheme.
How about the filter?
The filter is located inside of the dustbin on the AirKii. This handheld vacuum offers a multi-level filtration system, which means there are two filters within the dustbin.
Once the dustbin is released, users can easily remove both of these filters.
RELATED – Discover more handheld vacuum reviews here.
So how about the overall look?
All in all, this handheld vacuum is slick. The black color scheme mixed with a clear dustbin creates a modern aesthetic, in my opinion.
Size & Dimensions
The AirKii is also similar in size to most other handheld vacuums. The length of the unit is 17.3″, the width is 5.5″ and the height is also 5.5″. Plus, the AirKii weighs 4.37 lbs.
- Length – 17.3″
- Height– 5.5″
- Width – 5.5″
- Weight – 4.37 lbs
Accessories & Parts
The AirKii handheld vacuum includes a good number of extra parts and accessories, including:
- 1 crevice tool
- 1 brush tool
- 1 flexible extension hose
- 1 plastic extension pipe
- 1 travel bag
CREVICE TOOL | The AirKii includes a crevice tool, which is beneficial for reaching into corners and crevices.
DUSTING BRUSH | The AirKii also includes a dusting brush, which can be used to vacuum delicate surfaces around your home or in your car without scratching them.
FLEXIBLE HOSE | A flexible extension hose is also included with the AirKii. This hose allows for more reach with optimal maneuverability.
PLASTIC EXTENSION PIPE | A plastic extension pipe is included in addition to the flexible hose. The plastic pipe is rigid and will allow for a deeper reach into those hard-to-reach places.
TRAVEL BAG | AirKii included a travel bag with this handheld, allowing you to carry or store the vacuum around without losing any parts or accessories.
Overall, the AirKii’s performance was flawless. The vacuum scored a perfect 100% across the board on our dry tests. The liquid test was not as good, but certainly still above average.
- Overall 100% 100%
- Hardwood Cleaning 100% 100%
- Low Pile Carpet Cleaning 100% 100%
- High Pile Carpet Cleaning 100% 100%
Hardwood Floor Cleaning
The AirKii handheld vacuum crushed our hardwood floor cleaning tests. None of the four debris types were any type of match for the AirKii on this surface type.
For these tests, we did use the crevice tool for rice, kitty litter, and sugar. With regard to the cereal test, we removed the crevice tool and applied direct suction from the suction slot to the cereal.
- Hardwood – Rice 100% 100%
- Hardwood – Cereal 100% 100%
- Hardwood – Kitty Litter 100% 100%
- Hardwood – Sugar 100% 100%
Low Pile Carpet Cleaning
As we moved onto the low pile carpet tests, we saw identical results to the hardwood floors.
So there were no differences?
After completing the low pile carpet testing series we did not see a decline in performance from the AirKii handheld vacuum. All four debris types were cleaned up with ease.
While we expected a solid level of cleaning here, perfect scores were a bit of a shock.
- Low Carpet – Rice 100% 100%
- Low Carpet – Cereal 100% 100%
- Low Carpet – Kitty Litter 100% 100%
- Low Carpet – Sugar 100% 100%
High Pile Carpet Cleaning
The last dry test we completed was the high pile carpet series.
How did these tests pan out?
Once again, we saw flawless results from the AirKii on our high pile carpet tests.
This vacuum was able to plow through every debris type on the high pile carpet without any issues. We used the same tools on all three flooring types and saw perfect scores across the board.
- High Carpet – Rice 100% 100%
- High Carpet – Cereal 100% 100%
- High Carpet – Kitty Litter 100% 100%
- High Carpet – Sugar 100% 100%
Usability on the AirKii is as easy as it gets. The set up is quick and painless.
How to set up the AirKii?
With regard to setup, simply remove the vacuum from its packaging and plug it in. That’s all there is too it. Everything on the unit arrives fully assembled.
Bear in mind, the AirKii handheld vacuum will take about 6 hours to fully charge.
After it’s charged, it’s ready to clean…
Now that the handheld vacuum is charged up, users can begin cleaning with it. In order to do so, you need to complete the following:
- Choose a cleaning tool and attach it
- Turn the vacuum on
Once again, using this vacuum is extremely easy. As a handheld, you point and suck whatever you’re trying to clean. There are no complicated ways to operate this specific handheld vacuum.
One more surprising feature…
One of the most impressive features about this handheld vacuum is its ability to clean liquid messes in addition to dry.
Cleaning Wet Messes
In order to verify the AirKii could actually clean up liquid messes, we dyed 1/4 of a cup of water, green, and poured it onto a plate.
Next, we applied the suction of the AirKii to do the rest. We pointed the vacuum directly at the green water and the unit was able to suck up almost all of the water.
Once again, we were wowed by the AirKii handheld vacuum. It did have a slight tendency to fling the water around while sucking it up, but in the end it was able to clean up most of the liquid.
The only downside?
Perhaps the only major downside to the Airkii is cleaning up wet messes. While it does remove the liquid, you’ll want to be careful when cleaning wet messes (especially if they are 100% liquid).
Pure liquid messes are more apt to escape the vacuum (as we experienced when green water ran out the back of the vacuum if we held it upside down).
Make a point to keep the vacuum pointed downward, so the liquid cannot escape.
AirKii Handheld Vacuum a Good Value?
To be frank, the AirKii offers an amazing value, in my opinion. The performance you receive for the relatively low cost you pay is going to be hard to beat.
Not only can this handheld vacuum clean dry messes, but it can also clean wet messes, and it does so with ease.
What about run time?
The AirKii can run for up to 40 minutes on a single charge.
Aside from all of AirKii’s cleaning performance positives, they also include a plethora of cleaning tools and attachments. This deal is simply one of the best we have seen to date.
Let’s sum it up:
All in all, the AirKii offers an impressive level of cleaning performance and it a fairly priced handheld vacuum. Whether you’re in need of a new handheld or just want to add one to your cleaning task force, the AirKii could be a wonderful addition to your home.
AirKii Handheld Vacuum Specifications
Below is a table showing the full list of specifications of the AirKii handheld vacuum:
|Floor Type||All (indoor)|
|Run Time||~40 mins|
|Dust Bin Capacity||~0.6 L|
|Returns||Yes (usually), Varies by retailer|
The AirKii could be a good pickup for almost any user. You will be hard pressed to find a cleaning performance as strong as the AirKii handheld without paying a ton of money. Therefore, making this a great choice for a vast majority of users.
I would recommend the AirKii if you’re looking for the following features in handheld vacuum:
- Want top notch cleaning performance: The AirKii is one of the best handheld vacuum cleaners we have tested to date. It scored a perfect 100% across all of our cleaning tests, and did so with ease.
- Want a long run time: As a handheld, run time is typically short. Yet, the AirKii is able to run for up to 40 minutes consecutively.
- Want to be able to clean wet and dry messes: The AirKii is able to plow through dry messes, but it can also clean up wet messes. The performance is not as good, but nonetheless, it has the ability to do so.
- Want a low cost handheld vacuum: When looking at performance, this vacuum should almost be twice as much as it is. That said, it is sold at an affordable rate, ranking it as one of the best valued handheld vacuums available today.
For more information on the AirKii handheld vacuum, see here.
Excellent Performance, Excellent Value
- Design - 95%95%
- Performance - 100%100%
- Quality - 95%95%
- Usability - 97%97%
- Value - 96%96%
The AirKii is a handheld vacuum that is designed to handle both wet and dry messes. The cost of this vacuum is low, but the performance is above average. The unit offers strong suction, great maneuverability, a decent run time, and a multiple cleaning modes. If you’re looking for an impressive handheld but don’t want to break the bank, the AirKii could be a fine choice.
Why did the AirKii handheld vacuum score the way it did?
- Design – Simple design, tons of attachments, and the carrying case is a nice extra (especially for the car).
- Performance – 100% perfect cleaning performance on dry debris. Plus it can clean wet messes (albeit, not perfectly, but it’s not bad by any stretch).
- Quality – Seems well built. However, as they are a brand we’re unfamiliar with, we’ll probably make updates over time.
- Usability – Intuitive to use. Extra accessories also help. 40 minute run time.
- Value – This vacuum feels like it could cost double what it is. Tons of performance and features for the money.
Derek Hales is the Editor-in-Chief and Founder of ModernCastle.com. He is a passionate perfectionist when it comes to testing and reviewing products for the home. When he is not testing new products, Derek enjoys golf, tennis, and PC gaming. Derek lives in Phoenix, Arizona, with his wife, Samantha, son, and poodle, Tibbers.