The Bottom Line
The Novete handheld vacuum is a well-rounded product that is designed to handle both wet and dry spills. The longer run time, washable filter, decently sized dustbin, and strong cleaning performance help to round out this handheld vacuum. Users who want a powerful handheld vacuum, but don’t want to spend a fortune will be happy with the Novete.
- The Novete has powerful suction for a handheld vacuum, leading to a strong cleaning performance.
- This vacuum is able to clean up both wet and dry messes.
- Decent run time with a short charge time.
- Does not work as well without a tool attached to the nozzle of the vacuum.
- Pet hair tool is virtually useless, as the bristles do not do the best job of lifting hair off of furniture.
Modern Castle is supported by readers. When you buy with our links, we may earn a commission. Learn more
Novete Handheld Vacuum Design
The Novete handheld vacuum contains a simple design that seems to be adopted by a vast majority of handheld vacuums. There is not much too it, but the simplicity also means an easier-to-use unit.
Here is a breakdown on the basics:
To begin with, the Novete has a handle at the back of the unit, which is where the power button is located. Just in front of the power button are three bars, which indicate the battery’s level of charge at that moment.
As you continue on down the vacuum, you find a small gray button that can be depressed in order to separate the body of the vacuum from the dustbin and filter.
Wait…where is the filter located?
The filter on the Novete sits inside of the dustbin. To be clear, there is a dual filter system within this vacuum, so after opening the dustbin you will see both a filter screen and HEPA filter.
Both of these are easy to access and remove, thanks to the two-part design offered by Novete.
Don’t forget about the aesthetics!
The overall look of this handheld vacuum is sleek, in my opinion. It is not too big and bulky and the gray / white color scheme adds a nice tough. All things considered, I’m a fan of the way the Novete handheld vacuum looks.
Size & Dimensions
The Novete vacuum is an average size handheld vacuum. The total length of this handheld is 16.2″, while the height is 8.3″ and the width is 6.8″. Additionally, the Novete handheld vacuum weighs 5.7 lbs
- Length – 16.2″
- Height– 8.3″
- Width – 6.8″
- Weight – 5.7 lbs
Accessories & Parts
The Novete handheld vacuum cleaner includes the following parts and accessories:
- 2 Washable HEPA filters
- 1 Charging base
- 1 Crevice tool
- 1 Brush tool
- 1 Rubber nozzle tool
HEPA FILTER | The Novete handheld vacuum includes 2 HEPA filters. These filters can be washed and reused until a new one is needed.
CHARGING BASE | The Novete also includes a charging base, which is used to charge up the vacuum when the battery is low or dead.
CREVICE TOOL | This is a tool that can be attached to the nozzle used for corners and crevices around your house, in your car, and more.
BRUSH TOOL | A small brush tool will also be provided with the purchase of a Novete handheld vacuum cleaner. This tool is designed to help lift pet hair out of carpets and furniture, in addition to acting as a dusting brush or more delicate surfaces.
RUBBER NOZZLE | A small rubber nozzle is included with the Novete in order to help clean up liquid messes. This tool attached to the nozzle of the vacuum and can be used when a liquid mess needs to be vacuumed up.
The overall cleaning performance of the Novete handheld vacuum was impressive. The tools included made cleaning specific messes easier, and more efficient in the end.
- Overall 99% 99%
- Hardwood Cleaning 100% 100%
- Low Pile Carpet Cleaning 98% 98%
- High Pile Carpet Cleaning 98% 98%
Hardwood Floor Cleaning
The hardwood floor tests were not much of a match for the Novete handheld. This vacuum was able to dominate all four debris on the hardwood floor for a score of 100% across the board.
When cleaning on the hardwood floors, users have the option of using the vacuum as is, or adding a tool to the nozzle. Personally, I found that the crevice tool was the most effective cleaning tool for hardwood floors.
- Hardwood – Rice 100% 100%
- Hardwood – Cereal 100% 100%
- Hardwood – Kitty Litter 100% 100%
- Hardwood – Sugar 100% 100%
Low Pile Carpet Cleaning
Performance on low pile carpet was similar to that of the hardwood floors, but there were some slight differences.
So what were the differences?
Rice and cereal both hit the cleaning level of 100%, matching the hardwood floor cleaning tests. Yet, kitty litter and sugar did not hit those same numbers.
Kitty litter fell just short, landing at 95%, whereas sugar was slightly better, coming in at 96%.
What caused these differences?
Initially, we tried cleaning the carpet without using a cleaning attachment. Therefore, it was just the bare nozzle of the vacuum attempting to suck up the debris.
During this attempt, we noticed that the suction was not directly applied to the area we were trying to clean, resulting in lower numbers. That said, we did attach the crevice tool once again and found that each debris could be picked up with much less struggle.
- Low Carpet – Rice 100% 100%
- Low Carpet – Cereal 100% 100%
- Low Carpet – Kitty Litter 95% 95%
- Low Carpet – Sugar 96% 96%
High Pile Carpet Cleaning
Rounding out the testing series were the high pile carpet tests.
What was the outcome?
As expected, the high pile carpet tests proved to yield similar that we saw on the low pile carpet tests. Rice and cereal were a breeze to clean, and kitty litter and sugar were a little more difficult to handle.
In the end…
After all was said and done, the Novete handheld vacuum performed extremely well on our high pile carpet tests, as well as the low pile and hardwood floors.
As a handheld, users are able to directly apply suction to the mess they are attempting to clean up, which proves to be beneficial in most cases.
That said, the Novete’s suction felt powerful helping make it one of the most impressive handheld vacuums we have tested to date
- High Carpet – Rice 100% 100%
- High Carpet – Cereal 100% 100%
- High Carpet – Kitty Litter 98% 98%
- High Carpet – Sugar 94% 94%
Using the Novete is extremely simple. But before we can use it, we have to set it up.
What’s required to set up the Novete?
Honestly, not a whole lot. Once you have removed everything from the box all you need to do is charge the vacuum up before you can use it.
To fully charge the Novete handheld vacuum, it takes about 4.5 hours.
So now that it’s charged, let’s put it to work…
After charging it up, the Novete is ready to start cleaning:
- Pick a cleaning tool (or don’t)
- Press the power button
- Begin cleaning
These are the steps it takes to use the Novete. Again, there is no complicated method to using this handheld vacuum.
But what about the best Novete feature?
One of the coolest features about the Novete handheld vacuum is its ability to not only clean dry messes, but also liquid spills.
Cleaning Wet Messes
In order to believe this was true, we had to test the Novete with some liquid. We gathered about 1/4 of a cup of water and dyed it green (for visibility).
From there, we just went for it. After turning on the Novete handheld and attempting to suck the liquid up off of the plate, we were quite surprised with the results.
All we can say is…wow! The Novete handheld vacuum was able to suck up almost every drop of the water, and it did so without any hesitation.
All in all, the Novete is quite the performer. It is easy-to-use and goes above and beyond with its cleaning capabilities.
Novete Handheld Vacuum a Good Value?
Simply put, yes. The Novete handheld vacuum offers a great value, in my opinion. The price is low, but the performance is well above average.
The ability of this handheld vacuum to clean both wet and dry messes is impressive in itself, but the fact that it did so with such ease is even more striking.
Additionally, the short charge time and longer tun time help earn this vacuum a few extra value points.
Using the cleaning tools is going to be more effective than the bare nozzle of the unit, but that is a minor drawback compared to all of the benefits associated with this handheld.
Wrapping it up:
All things considered, the Novete handheld vacuum is one of the best handheld vacuums we have tested thus far. If you’re in need of a new handheld, the Novete is certainly worth giving a shot.
Novete Handheld Vacuum Specifications
Below is a table showing the full list of specifications of the Novete handheld vacuum:
|Floor Type||All (indoor)|
|Run Time||~30 mins|
|Dust Bin Capacity||~0.6 L|
|Returns||Yes (usually), Varies by retailer|
The Novete handheld vacuum was nothing shy of impressive. The cleaning performance, battery life, and price all help make this one of the best value handheld vacuums we have had the opportunity to test.
I would recommend the Novete if you’re looking for the following features in handheld vacuum:
- Want powerful cleaning performance: Overall, the Novete is a handheld vacuum that proved its ability to clean up a wide variety of messes, with ease. If you’re looking for a handheld to with strong suction and effective cleaning, the Novete could be a great option.
- Want a decent run time: As a handheld, we don’t typically see long run times. Yet, the Novete is able to be fully charged in around 4.5 hours and last up to 30 minutes of continuous cleaning,
- Like being able to clean wet and dry messes: Once again, another feat that most handhelds do not flirt with. This Novete handheld vacuum has the ability to clean almost any dry mess as well as liquid messes up to 100ml. This is fantastic for homes with children or pets who tend to spill more often than not.
- Don’t want to break the bank: Last but not least, the price point of this handheld vacuum is hard to beat. The performance you’ll receive for the price you pay makes for one of the best valued handhelds in the industry.
For more information on the Novete handheld vacuum, see here.
Impressive Wet / Dry Cleaning
- Design - 95%95%
- Performance - 99%99%
- Quality - 95%95%
- Usability - 96%96%
- Value - 96%96%
The Novete is a handheld vacuum that has the ability to operate as both a wet and dry vacuum. The simple design, long battery life, strong cleaning performance, and low cost of this unit makes it a well-valued handheld vacuum. If you’re in the market for a new handheld and aren’t sure where to look, the Novete is a great starting point.
Why did the Novete handheld vacuum score the way it did?
- Design – Compact design, good material construction, and cleans both wet and dry messes.
- Performance – Strong performance across the board. Only improved by being able to clean wet messes (in addition to dry).
- Quality – Material quality and build feels and looks good. Sizable 2,200 mAh capacity battery is another plus.
- Usability – Easy and intuitive to use (like most handhelds).
- Value – Arguably one of the best cordless handheld value on the market.
Derek Hales is the Editor-in-Chief and Founder of ModernCastle.com. He is a passionate perfectionist when it comes to testing and reviewing products for the home. When he is not testing new products, Derek enjoys golf, tennis, and PC gaming. Derek lives in Phoenix, Arizona, with his wife, Samantha, son, and poodle, Tibbers.