COUPON: Save 10% off with code INS10.
Today we’re going to dive into the Vasagle kitchen table review.
Industrial Minimal Table
VASAGLE ALINRU Dining TableThe Vasagle lineup isn’t new to Modern Castle, but this particular piece is. It’s value-priced, easy to assemble, and is designed to fit into a number of design styles. Assembly was easy, taking only around 15 minutes (with 1 person). The table looks and feels well built. The steel legs are incredibly solid. MDF table top leaves something to be desired, but at this price point it’s hard to complain too much.Check Price
- Flexible design style with sleek, black steel legs and solid top
- Affordably-priced for a great value
- Can support up to 220 lbs.
- MDF particleboard top may not hold up to extreme use and would be difficult to repair
VASAGLE makes a variety of different furniture pieces, including coffee tables, end tables, shelves, and more. You can check out our previous review of the Vasagle collection here.
The design of the VASAGLE ALINRU dining table is all about simplicity and functionality. It is flexible in style so that it can blend into a number of different environments and serve multiple uses.
Popular uses include:
- Kitchen table for family dining
- Bar table for mixing drinks
- Coffee bar for prep and storage
- Deep desk for large-scale gaming or working from home setups
NOTE: This table is designed for indoor use only.
The base for this table is a 5-part assembly of tubular steel. Each bar is 1.6″ x 1.6″ and it can withstand up to 220 lbs of force from the top.
The top of the table is made from particleboard with a wood veneer finish that resembles a reclaimed or walnut top.
While the aesthetic looks great, I will warn you that if this top were to be damaged, you may have a hard time repairing or replacing it. MDF (medium density fiberboard) is notoriously difficult to repair.
For stools that match this Vasagle table, there are a few options. There is a stool that is an exact match, although availability seems to be a little tricky.
Some third party reviews state that they were able to purchase the matching stool, but it wasn’t listed when we searched for it.
As an alternative, we’ve provided three different stools below.
With a table height of 35″, you’ll want to select a stool between 23-28″ high. Aside from “bar stools”, try looking for “counter stools” as those would fit the recommended height range to match this table.
- Bar stools are typically 28-32″ and fit tables that are 40-42″
- Counter stools are typically 24-27″ and fit tables that are 36″
How big is the table?
This table has a relatively large work surface and is at a comfortable height for seated or standing tasks.
Exact dimensions are:
- Width: 47.2″
- Depth: 23.6″
- Height: 35.4″
- Weight: 37.4 lbs
Setup & Assembly
Assembly of the Vasagle kitchen table is quick and easy—it took us about 15 minutes to assemble from the box. That assembly was done with 1 person.
All connections on this table are joined by the same type of screw, which really makes setup easy so you’re not digging around for different parts and screws.
It comes with:
- 20 screws
- 4 adjustable leveling feet
- Anti-tip kit if you’re worried about it tipping over from young kids
Similar to directions from IKEA, the Vasage directions use limited text and instead rely solely on graphics and identifying parts with a single letter to communicate assembly.
To assemble, simply screw the provided hardware into the pre-drilled holes in the base. You can use the allen wrench that comes with the kit — the whole process is quick and easy.
The leveling feet screw into the bottom of the legs and you can adjust as needed until the table sits solidly on the floor. These adjustable feet serve two purposes:
- Adjustable for uneven floor types
- Protects the floor from being scratched by the metal legs
Should You Buy the Vasage Table?
So all things considered, is the Vasagle Alinru Table right for you? Whether you need a kitchen table, after-hours bar top, “work from home” desk, or something in the middle, the Vasage Table is a solid choice.
I would recommend Vasage if you’re looking for the following:
- Simple design: The overall design of this table is simple and intuitive. The base is made up of 5 steel parts with welded connections and screw together pieces. It’ll only take about 15 minutes to go from box to fully assembled.
- Multi-purpose: If you’re not exactly sure what you need in a table or if you imagine your needs changing, the Vasage could still be a good fit. Because of its simpler design, this table can wear many hats and serve many functions in your home.
- Counter height: This table is approx. 36″ tall which is taller than most desks, but shorter than bar height. If you’re looking for something in the middle that matches the height of many residential kitchen counters, this could be a good choice.
Excellent Value at this Price
- Design - 95%95%
- Performance - 97%97%
- Quality - 94%94%
- Usability - 95%95%
- Value - 96%96%
The VASAGLE ALINRU is a value-priced table that’s capable of filling many different functions around your home or office. The steel frame supports up to 220 pounds and utilizes an MDF table top. The 36″ height makes it ideal as a dining table, bar, or even a desk with an appropriately sized chair. Ultimately, what makes the ALINRU a winner is the price point. The MDF top certainly isn’t ideal, but given the price point it looks incredible.