The Oransi mod air purifier is a large unit made for large spaces, open-concept living, or even office space. But how well does it purify those spaces?
Follow along as we dive into all the details of the Orani mod MD01 right now.
Simple, Large Coverage Purifier
Oransi mod MD01The Oransi mod is a large air purifier to treat rooms up to 1,250 square feet. It has simple controls and easy setup. There’s no WiFi connectivity or smartphone control, but this purifier did a great job of cleaning the air, eliminating over 95.9% of particulates and improving air quality by 96.4%. The Oransi mod reduced PM2.5 and PM10 to 0.1 and AQI to 1. This is the 2nd Oransi purifier we’ve tested and we continue to be extremely impressed by both their quality, performance, and the raw power in terms of coverage area.Check Price
- Large coverage area up to 1,250 square feet
- Excellent air purification performance; reduced particulate count by 95.9% and overall air quality by 95.4%. PM2.5 / PM10 reduced to 0.1
- Easy to use with quick setup
- Large handle on top of the unit allows for easy carrying
- No WiFi connectivity or smartphone controls
- No auto mode based on sensor data
The purification performance of the Oransi mod purifier was impressive. It did a fantastic job of clearing the air, leaving only 22 particulates and achieving a PM2.5 / 10 of 0.1.
To evaluate the performance of any of the air purifiers we test, we use the same process. Our testing procedure starts involves the same 4 steps.
- Take a baseline reading of the current air quality and particulate count in a medium-sized room (10×14) with a closed door.
- Run the tested air purifier for an hour in the room.
- Measure the air quality in the room after running the purifier.
In order to take these measurements, we used the Temtop LKC-1000S+ professional air quality detector. This device allows us to get precise readings and performance bearings before and after our test.
Below, we’ve included information on the testing criteria and what defines good vs. bad air quality.
What were the results?
- PM2.5: 2.8
- PM10: 4.5
- Particles: 536
- AQI: 11
After 1 Hour
- PM2.5: 0.1
- PM10: 0.1
- Particles: 22
- AQI: 1
Within 1 hour the Oransi removed 95.9% of air particulates from the medium-sized room we tested in (~14’x10′).
Oransi improved PM2.5 air quality by 96.4%.
RELATED – What’s the best air purifier?
The Oransi mod air purifier has a sleek design with somewhat of a floating base, straight sides, and controls and a handle located on top of the unit.
The filter on the Oransi purifier is a true HEPA filter system.
What is true HEPA?
True HEPA captures up to 99.97% of particulates as small as 0.3 microns, effectively preventing bacteria and particulate to pass through the filter and into the air.
The true HEPA system in the Oransi includes three filters:
- HEPA Filter
- Carbon Filter
The controls for the Oransi mod are glass with LED touch icons, located on top of the purifier. They rely on simple icons to illustrate how the purifier works.
The touch controls allow you to:
- Turn the purifier on / off
- Adjust fan speed (small fan for less speed, large fan for more speed)
- Filter replacement notification
As the fan speed is adjusted up or down, a blue LED will change how much it is illuminated. In a similar fashion, there is an LED bar right below to illustrate the remaining filter life.
Is there a remote control?
There is no physical remote control or WiFi-based smartphone control.
You must use the manual controls on top of the purifier to manually adjust the fan speed.
RELATED: Want to see more from Oransi? Check out the Oransi EJ120 review.
Size & Dimensions
The Oransi mod is a bit larger than other air purifiers we’ve tested, but it also has a large coverage area.
As we’ve seen from other units, the larger size typically has a direct correlation to larger area coverage, which is definitely the case here.
Here are the exact dimensions for reference:
- Width: 14″ diameter
- Height: 25″ tall
- Weight: 23 lbs.
The area coverage of the Oransi mod is up to 1,250 square feet with two air changes per hour.
Accessories & Parts
The MD01 mod has a pretty simple set of parts and accessories. There are three pieces to the purifier as well as a Setup Guide / User Manual.
The exact assembly of this purifier can be broken down into three main parts:
- The Base: the gray plastic piece that holds the filter and shell in place
- The Filter: a HEPA filter captures airborne particulates down to 0.3 microns.
- The Shell: the outer casing slides on top of the filter and locks into the base; houses controls on top of the unit; plugs into a standard power outlet
Setup & Usability
Setup for the Oransi air purifier is simple and intuitive.
Because there is no wifi connectivity or option for remote control, the setup is super quick.
Here’s the step-by-step rundown.
- First, unbox the purifier.
- Disconnect the outer shell from the base and remove the HEPA filter.
- Remove the plastic bag from the filter and reinstall.
- Reinstall the shell back into place.
- Plug the cord into a standard wall outlet and select a fan speed.
There is a sliding button that locks the shell onto the base of the unit.
Once everything is locked in, you’re ready to go.
If you need to move the unit around to a new location, there is a convenient carrying handle right on top of the purifier. When not in use, the handle recesses flush into the top.
There are two parts to the Oransi that require maintenance.
- Filters: Replace as needed.
- Air Vents: Wipe clean with dry cloth.
According to the manufacturer, the filter can be expected to last 6-12 months.
Most comparable filters land closer to the 6-month mark than 12 months, but the exact lifespan will depend on your environment and how often you use the purifier.
In addition to checking the filter, you can also wipe down the air intake or outlets to make sure air can freely flow through the unit.
Is the Oransi mod a good value?
Ok, let’s talk value. Is the Oransi worth the cost?
For most consumers, I think the answer is an emphatic yes. The Oransi mod simply crushes the most foundational part of being an amazing air purifier with:
- Large area coverage up to 1250 sf.
- Great air purification performance
- Simple, modern design
That being said, this unit lacks a few things as well, namely:
- Real-time air quality detection and auto-response
- Wifi connectivity
- Remote (or smartphone) control
I wouldn’t go as far as to say the above features don’t matter, because for many consumers they definitely do. But if you can live without these, the performance level of the Oransi mod is absolutely there.
The Oransi mod is a big, powerful unit that you can set it and forget it for 6-12 months as a time. There are only a handful of purifiers we’ve tested that achieved the same purification performance that the mod did.
Oransi mod Specifications
|Filters||HEPA, carbon, and pre-filter|
|Room Coverage||~1,250 sq. ft.|
|Returns||Varies by retailer|
Should you buy the Oransi mod?
The Oransi mod purifier is a large unit that can treat spaces up to 1,250 square feet. It has simple setup, is user-friendly, and showcased fantastic purification performance in our tests.
I would recommend the Oransi mod if you’re looking for an air purifier with the following features:
- Large area coverage: The Oransi mod MD01 air purifier has a large area coverage up to 1,250 sf, with two air changes per hour. This makes this purifier a solid choice for medium to large-sized rooms, open-concept spaces, offices, and more.
- Excellent performance: In our air purification tests it was able to reduce PM2.5 and PM10 to 0.1 and AQI was reduced to 1. These results showed that the Oransi removed 95.9% of particulate from the air and improved overall quality by 96.4%.
- Simple controls: Controls on top of the Oransi air purifier are intuitive, with a sliding LED that easily shows the current fan speed. Because there’s no WiFi, setup is quick and takes just a couple of minutes.
For more information or the buy the Oransi MD01 mod air purifier, click here.
Oransi Does It Again
Design - 100%
Performance - 100%
Quality - 100%
Usability - 95%
Value - 98%
The Oransi mod air purifier is a large purifier designed to treats rooms up to 1,250 square feet. It has simple controls and variable fan speeds with great performance as well, improving the air quality over 96%. There’s no WiFi connectivity, but if you don’t need the smartphone in-app integration, then the Oransi mod is a fantastic choice. When it gets right down to the bottom line…does the Oransi mod purify the air? The answer is an emphatic yes. The Oransi mod is part of a small group of purifiers we’ve tested to achieve a PM2.5 and PM10 of 0.1, a fact that cannot be understated in its significance.