The Wyze robot vacuum is the newest launch from Wyze, a company that is known for affordable, yet high-quality smart products.
Budget Price for Big Value
Wyze Robot VacuumThe Wyze robot vacuum is a new product launching into the market, coming Jan 2021. It boasts digital mapping, zoned cleaning, in-app boundary markers, and a long 110-minute run time. Based on the specs, features, and hardware, it appears to be a solid robot and we expect great performance from it.Check Price
But can a budget tech company also create a powerful robot vacuum? Let’s dive into the specs and find out.
- Advanced smartphone app with scheduling, zoned cleaning, and alerts
- Navigates in straighter paths with sensors to help avoid obstacles
- Long 110-minute run time
- Product does not launch until Jan 2021 so no performance testing available. We plan to test it ASAP.
The design of the Wyze robot vacuum feels similar to other robot vacuums on the market.
Classic calling cards of robot vacuums like the round body style, simple onboard controls, and centrally located laser sensor are also true for the Wyze robot.
What other controls are on the vacuum?
Controls on top of the robot vacuum are pretty basic. There is a power button that starts or stops a cleaning cycle as well as “Home” button that sends the vacuum back to the charging station.
Other sources have cited a “Spot Clean” button coming in mid-2021, but this is not currently an available feature.
What’s on the underside?
The underside of the Wyze robot has the following parts:
- Edge sensors: lets the vacuum know when it is approaching an edge or stair
- Central brushroll: a spiral brushroll that rotates and pulls debris into the dustbin
- Side spinning brushes: cleans edges and corners by sweeping debris into the central cleaning path
- Wheels: 2 large wheels on the size to help navigate flooring transitions and 1 directional wheel at the front of the vacuum for navigation
- HEPA filter: helps to capture small particulate and prevents these pieces from getting lost in the vacuum system
Size & Dimensions
The Wyze is slightly larger than some of the competitive robot vacuums on the market, but it’s not a drastic difference.
Here are the exact specs:
- Diameter: 13.8″
- Height: 3.7″
- Weight: Unknown
What Comes in the Box?
Wondering what all comes with the Wyze robot vaccum? It’s a pretty standard lineup of parts and accessories including:
- Wyze Robot Vacuum x1
- Charging station x1
- Power adapter x1
- Spare HEPA filter x1
- Edge brush x2
Typically we would put this robot through our standard testing process, but since the Wyze vacuum won’t officially be released until January 2021, we’ll have to wait until its launch to personally test once we get our hands on one of these vacs.
A couple of features which should aid in positive performance include:
- 2100 pa suction power: This level of raw suction should be enough to capture most of the debris we test. Suction alone, the Wyze is is a powerful vacuum.
- Advanced mapping: Zoned cleaning and boundary markers can allow you the option to identify trouble areas or zones you want the vacuum to focus on, increasing the likelihood of the space getting clean.
- Long run time: Even if the navigation isn’t great or if the vacuum requires a couple of passes to clear all the debris, the Wyze robot has a run time of up to 110 minutes which should help it to clean more debris.
The biggest unknown with performance is the brushroll. Sometimes a brushroll can make or break a robot vacuum and Wyze just doesn’t release a lot of details about the design of theirs.
The ease of use with the Wyze robot vacuum is arguably one of its most promising assets. This vacuum integrates a number of cool features that are typically only seen in high-end robots.
Some of the most impressive features include:
#1: App Control
Allows you to easily control the vacuum with your smartphone (supports IOS or Android)
From the app you can perform the following functions:
- Start or stop a cleaning cycle
- Schedule a cleaning cycle
- Set up zoned cleaning areas
- Set up digital boundary markers
- View the cleaning map in real time
#2: Digital Mapping
The mapping capabilities are pretty advanced considering the low price tag on this vacuum. Being able to set a digital map as it cleans is typically a feature you’d only see on models in the $400+ range.
Furthermore, the map goes a step beyond just obstacle avoidance. The map is viewable from your smartphone so you can track the vacuum while it cleans, assign it to clean particular rooms, or set up boundaries to keep the vacuum away from certain areas.
#3. Long Run Time
The Wyze robot has a run time of up to 110 minutes, which should be sufficiently long for the majority of cleaning jobs. When the job is complete or when the battery starts to get low, it will drive back to the dock to charge up.
Does it have Recharge & Resume?
Yes. The Wyze vacuum has the ability to charge up in the middle of a cleaning cycle and then return back to the last spot it cleaned once the battery is juiced up.
Regular maintenance is an important part of any robot vacuum’s care and Wyze would be no different. So what exactly do you have to watch out for?
General maintenance of the Wyze would include the following tasks:
- Empty the dust bin.
- Check the brushroll for clogs and tangles.
- Clean the filter regularly; replace as needed.
- Replace battery as needed (typically every 2-3 years for most brands.)
Is the Wyze robot vacuum a good value?
As mentioned above, this is a pre-test review so final performance may change our initial impression of this vacuum, but based on specs alone, I am impressed by the Wyze vacuum.
In terms of value, it really offers a lot of fantastic features at a fraction of the price of competitive brands.
It has a long run time (up to 110 minutes), smart navigating abilities, and advanced in-app features like zoned cleaning and digital boundary markers.
Below is a table showing the full list of specifications of the Wyze robot vacuum:
|Floor Type||All (indoor)|
|Dust Bin Capacity||Unlisted|
|Recharge & Resume||Yes|
|Boundary Markers||Yes, digital|
|Returns||Yes (usually), Varies by retailer|
Who Should Buy the Wyze?
I would recommend the Wyze if you’re looking for the following features in a robot vacuum:
- A great value: The number of features you get from the Wyze, considering the lower price, makes this robot a fantastic value. While it may not be a big name on the market, with good performance, Wyze could easily be the dark horse that steals the show.
- Advanced digital mapping: The mapping technology with Wyze allows for zoned cleaning, digital boundary markers, and real-time cleaning reports, and in-app map. If you want the maximum amount of in-app features, the Wyze robot is a great choice.
- Strong suction: While we haven’t tested the actual performance of this vacuum, it does offer 2,100pA in suction power, which is pretty good. Once we are able to fully test this vacuum we can update this review.
- December 2, 2020 – Initial version of the page was published. Initial version was a pre-test review, meaning we have not yet personally tested the robot. As such, our opinions and scores are based off of the manufacturer’s specs, features, and hardware, in addition to how similar those factors compare to other robots we have tested. Once we are able to personally test we will update this review.
The Wyze robot vacuum is a smart robot vacuum that prides itself on advanced, high-tech features without the high price tag. It has in-app scheduling, zoned cleaning, digital boundary markers, and real-time mapping. Advanced sensors help to detect obstaces and navigate in straighter paths, while the 110-minute run time gives plenty of life for most cleaning jobs. If the Wyze doesn’t finish the job within one cycle, it will charge up and then return back to the last spot it cleaned. This vacuum doesn’t officially launch until January 2021, but I fully expect this model to be impressive—performance testing will let us know for sure.